PDA

View Full Version : 10 Man Blood Prince Council - No Ranged Tank Tactic

A-etius
01-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Regnum Irae Kills Blood Prince Council - Alternative Tactic, No Ranged Tank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronBN00qg68)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronBN00qg68

(Quality may be low, it is currently being proccessed by YouTube. Should be 720p once done.)

----------------------------------
This should've been thought out by now and/or done already, but here's my video with me tanking with this tactic.

I'm not too good with boss kill videos, usually i see them play along with techno music. But couldnt find a decent track this time, so you'll get a intrumental version track instead. There is no commentary so just turn off the sound if you don't like it ^^.

Below is some information on tactic "change" etc.

Please Note:

You will see dead corpses here, and i just want to assure you that this tactic isnt hard to pull off unless your tank cant hold aggro or dies too fast due to misuse of cooldowns etc.

The reason why we wiped was because of our PUG's we had to bring along, having not done the fight at all before, just wanted to let you know about this.

----------------------------------

Tactical Changes

Mostly tactics remain the same. New things that you need to worry about is:

* AOEing dark orbs when nuking either of the two princes on the DK Tank.
- Do not AOE near that tank, you will aggro the dark orbs. The DPS decrease (if anything) is minor.

* The Tank tanking theese 2 bosses has more things to take care of
- Making sure dark orbs are attacking you
- Effective use of Cooldowns when the caster boss is empowered (DK's in general seems to have an advantage due to anti magic shell, but any tank using their cooldowns right should work)
- Avoid having back faced to the melee boss, hard at times and didnt really matter that much, but be carefull when either of your 2 bosses are empowered.
- Threat, threat is hard to keep up depending on your class. DK's have dots so its somewhat easier, but not sufficient, you still have to hit the bosses from time to time, especially when the DPS is nuking the. Use Misdirects.

* Heroism might be more wise to use on the alone boss, depending on your setup

---------------------------------------------------------

Reasons

This should've been thought out by now and/or done already, but here's my video with me tanking with this tactic.

The reason as to why we did it this way is because we were experiencing trouble during the first week when our ranged tank was just basicly dying too easily. At first we used a frost mage, and then a hunter. Hunter being more solid out of the two.

And since we were using 2 healers, they found it troublesome to keep up 3 Tanks at the same time, one taking alot of damage from time to time.

Finally i changed the tactic and went for me tanking the caster and one of the melee bosses, the result was clear:

Easier to heal with 2 healers
Alot more HP and thus easier to react to high bursts
And finally good cooldowns to counter the bursts.
The only downside, if any downside at all, is that the DPS is not able to use AOE abilties when DPS'ing either of theese 2 bosses on the tank with 2 bosses, since they'll aggro the orbs. But no it didnt really decrease DPS much.

For the healers, they found it easier this way. For the DPS, the only complaints were targetting issues. And for the tanks, its a blast i must say tanking this way, makes it more challenging and interesting.

Oh and the warrior "OT" had alot to complain about DK's being OP and me being insane for doing it this way, and i have to agree somewhat, Unholy DK's does have the upper hand here with the magical reduction.

--------------------------------------

Proletaria
01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Alternative? We did this on week1. =/ Except we had me (dk tank) on kel. and Prot paladin on the other two. PS. I was blood spec.

Also works for 25man.

orcstar
01-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Looks interesting.

I can imagine there's a big dps increase by using on less tank.

A-etius
01-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Alternative? We did this on week1. =/ Except we had me (dk tank) on kel. and Prot paladin on the other two. PS. I was blood spec.

Also works for 25man.

Wasnt alternative for us either, we did this on week one, this being week 2 kill. Was only saying alternative since common tactics (on tactic pages etc) seems to be 1 ranged tank and 2 normal tanks. Sorry for not clearing that up.

sayve
02-01-2010, 07:27 AM
In our guild we run 3 full runs ICC every week..

and with my group we used this tactic with 2 tanks with 2 paladin tanks.

I was on the two melee once. and think most people dident think about not using cleave damage.. It went fine. dident have much trouble at all i must say.

Much eaiser then using 3 tanks.