PDA

View Full Version : Would you work on Festergut or Blood Princes?

Pylae
01-27-2010, 09:59 AM
My guild is one-shotting the first 4 bosses in ICC and now we gotta work on a fifth.

I'm thinking we go do Blood Princes because there's less trash, and I want to get to a limited-attempt boss ASAP.

On the other hand, Festergut we've killed in two groups on 10-man so he'd probably be easier on 25...but then there's still the Rotface issue.

Dylae

P.S. Any discussion of which bosses are most likely to get fixed or nerfed is welcome.

Daydream
01-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I would go for Festergut and Rotface, because Blood Princes and Rotface seem to be about equally difficult in coordination. As well since Festergut is a lot easier than both of them, even if you can't get Rotface you can still be getting Festergut down and be getting geared from him weekly.

Megatwan
01-27-2010, 10:12 AM
well fester is less likely to get nerfed since its been out longer and killed more thus far...

fester it a slight dps check, where princes allow for fairly slow dps (first 25m kill we had 10+ dead :/)

with princes, if you can stay out of vortexs, have semi geared tanks and healers and mediocre to decent dps (they dont even have to be good tbh), its an easy and fun fight imo.

fester you need dps that can put up x numbers or youre hitting enrage/berserk. its like picking patchwerk to heigen (kinda)

Liquidska
01-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Fesergut is simple, his mechanics are real easy to under stand and as long as you have raiders that pay attention then you really shouldn't have any trobule. The only real question is, do your tanks have enough armor and health to live through his inhales? Do your healers have enough HPS to keep em up through it? And does your DPS have enough juice to not hit an enrage timer? You can tell inside of 2-3 attempts probably. As long as the spores go off correctly then the rest of it should be fairly easy to tell. Any problems are probally gear related.

Blood princes is just coordination really, a really simple fight honestly. If you are trepidatious at all about your gear, then go here first. It's a fairly straight forward fight.

marklar
01-27-2010, 03:15 PM
the obvious question is - does your raid have the necessary dps to beat festergut's enrage? i believe everyone needs to be around 7k, depending on the number of healers you bring. if you do, then he's certainly the one to go after. if not, i'd say blood princes, because the fight doesn't seem to increase in difficulty over time (like rotface does).