PDA

View Full Version : Need some Analysis

Code_Man65
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am needing some help trying to figure out why one of our tanks is having survivability issues.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1374971 - ICC 10 Day 1
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/log/1383061 - ICC 10 Day 2

The tank that is having survivability issues is the warrior tank. Any thing you guys can find that is way out of whack and might be contributing to the problem is appreciated.

As a possible corollary the same tank also seems to have threat issues with single target.

A couple things:

A. I know our raid comp isn't exactly the most balanced but it is what we have available
B. 25man gear is basically not an option.

Thanks for any and all help.

Bronbowser
01-25-2010, 09:44 PM
My 2 cents...

>> The tank that is having survivability issues is the warrior tank.

Looking as his gear, he's just barely geared for ICC 10. You'd need big heals to compensate on spike damage fights like LM. Is he using his CDs and at the right time? Would highly recommend that he get the triumph trink ASAP Glyph of Indomitability (http://www.wowwiki.com/Glyph_of_Indomitability)

>> As a possible corollary the same tank also seems to have threat issues with single target.

Single target threat issues usually would only be caused by bad rotation (either by the tank or by one of the DPS pulling aggro...) - not so much gear...

Code_Man65
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
I will be sure to suggest the trinket as their next emblem purchase (if they don't already have it and just not have it equipped).

Daydream
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
What she can change to help with survivability is for one changing her meta from Powerful Earthsiege Diamond to a Austere Earthsiege Diamond to get that extra armor. A new trinket like the poster above would go far as well.

For her threat issues there's a few things she can do as well. In her talents taking away improved Spell Reflection and putting those 2 points in to focused rage, and taking the point from anger management in to 3/3 Deep wounds would help her threat management a bit. For her Glyphs replacing Blocking and Shockwave with Glyph of Taunt and Vigilance will go a far in helping her single target aggro as well. Looking over her chants and gemming only thing I can see she can improve is getting Mongoose or Bladeward enchant over the Lifeward for her sword, even though mongoose is a BC enchant it can do wonders for threat generation.

Muffin Man
01-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Her threat problems are a rotation problem (could be aggravated by spec, I'm just going off the logs and never used a spec like hers).

1. She's missing out on SS. She mashes Devastate a whole lot and remembers to weave in CB and SW... but missed way too many Shield Slams.

2. She doens't heroic strike. ~25% HS usage on Saurfang is not going to cut it. Mouse wheel keybind or something (I would not suggest a macro since that leads to bad habits).

I'll be a contrarian and say her gear isn't *that* bad for icc/10. All you 25 man raiders need to remember what kind of gear you get from ToC/10 (and remember that ToGC/10 is not required to enter icc/10). Her gear is entry level icc/10 which means it'll be tough at points. So the suggestions on trinkets are good. There's also farming the blackeheart.

I don't rate Eitrigg's as a very good trinket at all, I also don't like Ick's Rotting Thumb...

Oh ya, tank communication is lacking. You have the pally and warrior fighting to apply Judgement of the Just (should be the pallie's job) and Thunderclap. Although, the pally seems to be slacking on upkeep, since I saw a try with a combined uptime of 75% which is poor. And worse yet, no one applied demo shout/vindication (warrior's job unless one of the pallies wants to spec into it).

Which is anywhere from 5 - 10% damage reduction if I recall correctly.

Better debuff uptime more than gear will help your warrior's survivability.