PDA

View Full Version : DK tanking Saurfang and helping on adds?

Trork
01-25-2010, 05:51 AM
Hey guys,

On my 10 man guild, we were having problems with the adds, so me as a dk started to hlep out with the adds, heres the video, what do you think about it? is it a bad idea?

Click here for video (http://www.wegame.com/watch/tragedy-vs-saurfang/)

Pylae
01-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I didn't watch the video because I'm at work but I routinely will chains of ice both beasts and taunt them back if they get too close to my kiters.

With the tank swaps as rapid as they are I haven't had many problems with threat.

Quinafoi
01-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Honestly, if you're getting the achievement for the encounter, I wouldn't worry too much about changing your methods. While I think the adds could be killed a lot more efficiently than they are, what works for you appears to be fine.

Daydream
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
From watching the video you shouldn't need your DK tanking the adds with 2 shamans in the raid. Have both of them drop a Earthbind totem near the steps so that the beasts are slowed as they come after the range,and if they aren't glyphed for Thunderstorm they should be using that to knock the beasts back as well. Noticed you have a lock and mage also in the raid they can be freezing the beasts and the warlock using shadowfury as they spawn can go a long way too.

Cyric
01-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Did not get to watch the vid either. But as Pylae say this work ok. I myself tank as a DK in 10-man and sometimes 25-man and I always put helping out higher in this encounter as thread is not really a problem and in general it fits into the rotation as well with blood tap/death runes about. Still would mind only helping a DD that has problems getting these beasts done before they arrive at his spot.