PDA

View Full Version : H OK trash

Bindi
01-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Is there something about the trash pulls in heroic OK between the door and the first boss that I should know, but have forgotten? I've done some basic searching, but apparently whatever is killing me is either obscure or too basic to mention; I can't seem to find it.

My main is a prot warrior, a little overgeared for heroics. I don't charge mindlessly through heroics with her, but I've gotten in the habit of moving just as quickly as the caster's mana bars can reasonably handle. I'm a little out of practice at thinking of myself as kill-able in heroics. I had been playing a little dk tank just for the fun of having a leveling tank, and she hit 80 the other night, so I'm kind of re-learning heroics the hard way. So far I haven't had trouble with anything but impatient healers and H OK trash. I cannot figure out why those four-nerubian pulls near the start just eat through my health bar.

The dk is way better geared than my warrior was when I started running heroics and the warrior never had trouble wit these pulls. (The first boss squished the warrior more than once, but that was an entirely different trouble.) I can't even figure out exactly what's killing me. I've had tanks using about my spec tell my priest the shadowcasters gave them trouble, but it was nothing my out-of-practice-healing couldn't heal through.

Anything else I should add to get the maximum amount of usefulness out of any possible replies to this?

Thank you very much for any advice you can give me.
B

Bashal
01-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Spell Flingers.

They hurt.

Kill them first, stunlock/interrupt their casts until they are dead, dead, dead.

BruisedOoze
01-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Spell Flingers.

They hurt.

Kill them first, stunlock/interrupt their casts until they are dead, dead, dead.

This is the culprit. Their shadow blast does a large fraction of the max hp (75% I think. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly ). Either way these guys need to be interrupted. It's a long cast.

I had a tank who set the focus target not on these things and the DPS were happy to oblige :\

Bindi
01-22-2010, 10:25 PM
That could very well be it. I'm such a stun-fanatic on my warrior they probably never cast anything at all. (I've always known they have to die first it just never really penetrated my thick skull why.) Thank you very much, I'll try that.

Fledern
01-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Shadow Blast - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=59102)

It's 80% of max health and if you're not topped off, it CAN 1-shot you. But it's a 6-sec cast and easily interruptable.

I really hate that trash while tanking or healing as most puggers think they can just charge into a pack and start aoeing. Combined with the buggy mob pathing those things can easily wipe parties

Broken
02-09-2010, 07:27 AM
On a warrior it's an easy spell reflect. As a dk probably recommend an interrupt fairly early into the pull.