PDA

View Full Version : Anub ToGC 25 adds

luv2tank
01-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi. Just studying up, wondering if anyone has some pro's or cons to having 1 add tank in anub 25 togc. My counterpart hasn't prepared as well as myself in getting the block gear, so I am wondering if it is a good option or not. Any advice or tips would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

gacktt
01-22-2010, 02:01 AM
1 tank means higher dps, less damage taken, and less anub healing. But it can get risky if you for some reason take longer than 20 seconds to kill the adds(if you rotate trinket/wall/stand per wave). Kinda sucks when I died at 15% with the whole raid alive pretty much auto wiping our best attempt though. You'll also want 4 hunters with this comp though, it's possible with 3 but the rogue has to waste time running around, and that's 1 less tricks for you.

Bhork
01-22-2010, 02:13 AM
The major con of the one-tank strategy is that threat is lower on the adds, we run a hunter misdirect on two of the adds, a rogue tricks on one, and I pick up the other.

With the MD change, initial threat should not be a problem, and a semi-decent warrior spreading threat evenly means dps shouldn't be massively capped out in terms of threat.

Yagamoth
02-01-2010, 01:32 AM
1 Tank Pros:
- Easier Add positioning
- Higher DPS
- One Ice Zone more to use (--> you need one paladin less in the kite phase)

1 Tank Cons:
- Tank needs to have the propper gear
- Cooldown rotation is advised (We rotate tank cooldowns and healer cooldowns)
- Need one misdirect/tricks more
- Threat can be an issue (isn't if you have one rogue to spare for Tricks+FoK)
- Interrupters do not have much room for error (You have to stun the adds before they cast)