PDA

View Full Version : Blood Counsel quick dps question

Lanore
01-21-2010, 03:37 PM
So.. without giving huge details. Our casual guild is unable to faceroll Festergut due to a lack of significant dps. We hit the enrage time everytime with 10-20% hp left and 25/25 raiders alive.

Sooo with the release of Blood Counsel/BQL... I have suggested to our raid leader that we put attempts on the princes.

Quick and short... is the dps requirement as high for princes as for Festergut? I realize the fight is totally different, but assume we have between 110k and 120kdps (I think Fester requires 133k). Is the Blood Counsel doable?

saedo
01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
It's not high at all. You'd just need the raid to individually learn what each move does, and how to appropriately react.

felhoof
01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
There's almost no DPS requirement on prince. But it is much harder from an organizational standpoint, and I would be shocked if a guild who couldn't down Festergut had the skill to down Blood Princes.

Lanore
01-21-2010, 04:25 PM
There's almost no DPS requirement on prince. But it is much harder from an organizational standpoint, and I would be shocked if a guild who couldn't down Festergut had the skill to down Blood Princes.

Thanks for your response. This is exactly what I needed to know.

It's always the casual guilds bane that the best skilled players usually leave to a top end game guild. So.. having 15 skilled players gets us so far and at some point carrying 10 less skilled players becomes the burden that cannot be overcome.

As a whole, we are getting better, and less skilled players are learning. So it's encouraging.

Rukrow
01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
It is important to remind your raiders that this encounter is not a DPS race at all. Just dealing with the simple gimmicks of the fight is all it takes. Once you focus on the abilities and countering them rather than trying to top DPS charts is when the boss will die.

Papapaint
01-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for your response. This is exactly what I needed to know.

It's always the casual guilds bane that the best skilled players usually leave to a top end game guild. So.. having 15 skilled players gets us so far and at some point carrying 10 less skilled players becomes the burden that cannot be overcome.

As a whole, we are getting better, and less skilled players are learning. So it's encouraging.

Don't give up. I took a guild from wiping on anub in 25m to downing fest/rot and 20% on putricide (haven't gone in yet this week). It's all about dedication, involvement from the leadership, and understanding that even people who are pretty cool and fun can sometimes hinder you if they're unwilling to improve their play.

Lanore
01-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Don't give up. I took a guild from wiping on anub in 25m to downing fest/rot and 20% on putricide (haven't gone in yet this week). It's all about dedication, involvement from the leadership, and understanding that even people who are pretty cool and fun can sometimes hinder you if they're unwilling to improve their play.

Thanks! We do have a LOT of fun. We are ok with being behind the top guilds in progression. But when we get to bottlenecks, we have to take some extra time to get everyone doing what they need to do. When the answer is "you have to find 2k additional dps from each player" then it's a bigger hurdle than telling someone where to stand and when to move.