PDA

View Full Version : Lady Deathwhiperer Adherants

b4disme
01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
Ok, my 10 man group is also having a heck of a time with the adherants. Unholy DK with pet and Hunter with his pet and warlock sending his doomgaurd to help. We no sooner burn the shield off the guy and he puts it back up again, we are having to melle the thing off him 3-4 times to get 1 burned down. I am the DK and I am just sitting there whacking away. I put out usually about 5-6k dps but that is with everything, here is it my pure melee abilities, the hunter is also 5-6k dps.

When he has the shield up it is lower I know but still a 10 man group, a DK a Hunter and his ape pet, and a doomgaurd and we have a terrible time burning them down. We one shot Morrogar he is a breeze. However as Melee DPS I am running out of ideas on these guys. It is really bad when a death and decay get dropped on the one your meleeing, you basically have to get out and sctratch your butt and wait for the D&D to wear off. Yes I tried death gripping them with the shield up while he was in death and decay and being a spell reflect it just yanked me back into the the D&D.

We have been wiping week after week here at this spot. It is just getting frustrating, sometimes we just go back to ToC and burn through it in an hour to make sure we can kill something then go bang our heads against the wall. Is there something we are missing with the adherants? Something about that shield, because it just keeps coming back up.

Eek
01-21-2010, 09:42 AM
You do have melee on adherants and casters on fanatics right? We do that and just burn through the adds with around 30 secs each time purely on the bosses mana shield. Put more dps on the adds to wipe them out within 10secs.

As for the DnD just move out, have the hunter silent shot the adherant so shell have to run towards you.

b4disme
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes all melee is on the adherants and casters on fanatics, however we burn through one shield and another one pops up, we get maybe 2 to 4 whacks between shields. I try to apply all my diseases as well. in that time frame, fanatics do not seem to be too much of a problem once in a while she respawns one but rare. We unfortunately at one time had 3 reanimated adherants, just having a hard time with them it is like time between thier shields too small, maybe we are taking too long to get through the shield.

Voodan
01-21-2010, 01:13 PM
You should have casters help with the adherents when they first spawn as well. They can be fully damaged by casters, just not when the shield goes up!

At the end of the day, casters having to catch up on fanatics is preferrable to melee having to catch up on adherents due to a lot of the melee you mentioned having part of their abilities be part-magic dmg.

On that note, unholy is possibly the worst spec to be for that particular encounter. A blood or frost DK would have much more significant physical dmg and therefore have an easier time with the adherents imo.

Quinafoi
01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
If you have insufficient DPS to handle the adherants, put more DPS on them. Simple enough. Just because they have the ability to have spell reflect shield active, doesn't mean it is always active or active at the start for that matter. Caster DPS can help kill adherants as well, they just have to be smart and not kill themselves. Also, AoE abilities can not be reflected. While a significant gimp to casters with so few targets, even if the target is shielded they can still use AoE on it.

At the same time though, 2 DPS on any add should be able to kill it in 10 man. If you can't then the DPS is likely undergeared. It's a two tank fight and even if you drop down to 2 healers, that leaves 6 DPS. If 2 DPS is insufficient to kill one add, your DPS is under preforming.

Voodan
01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
They're probably running into issues with the double-adherent spawn when one of them gets rezzed, since they seem to have told ranged to avoid dpsing them down (outside of the hunter that is functioning as a melee).

Theotherone
01-21-2010, 01:47 PM
We burn the casters first then get on the melee. If an adherent is rasied and puts up a shield we call out the shield and as soon the melee/hunters burn it all dps hits the adherent. If there's not shield (often the case when they first come up) we put all dps on it and try to burn it before it shields. As for DnD, I found if I have aggro the bad guy just follows me backwards.

b4disme
01-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Great stuff!! We are caster heavy but I think I got plenty of info from this post to try some new techniques. I have a Frost Spec as my other spec will give that a definite go, also yes we have been telling casters not to get on them, but now we will make it a priority, and yes it is the double adherant spawn is where we get stuck. The first double fanatic we blow through with tons of time to spare, and everyone goes back to the boss. Then the AOE not being reflected, gold right there, since there is only one fanatic there the Lock has just been single target burning down. Thanks all learned a ton from this thread will try it out again saturday. Anyone with more advice is welcomed.