PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 10 man rotface (logs included)

Trork
01-21-2010, 04:58 AM
Hey guys,

As tittles mentions, my guild is having some trouble with rotface.

I am one of the main tanks and raid leader of my guild, and my pc was broken and fixing the past 2 weeks, and because of that, we only managed to go yesterday and try out rotface.

Now tuesday was our first attempt on him, we were all learning the fight and all (yep, no one bothered to read up on the boss but me and 2 other guys). Now judging by the logs, the biggest income of damage is the radiation, what is killing us? Are people not moving fast enough to the ooze?

I was kiting the big ooze, and some guys were just lost. They couldnt find the other small ooze, or the big one. After a while most of them got the hang of it, but after the first explosion people got lost again, what can I do?

Here are the logs if you are interested in seeing them. (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1qxctjn2n243jwqr/)

Shortypop
01-21-2010, 05:06 AM
The little oozes do a small aoe damage (weak radiation) around them, so it's important that people run out as soon as possible and merge them as quickly as possible. The large oozes do more aoe damage (radiation) and should be kept away from the main group (everyone not kiting or running out to "drop" a small ooze" should be tight within melee range).

One thing that helps is to put a raid target above the kiters head, and macro replacing it, as if the kiter gets "small oozed" he'll lose it. As a kiter try and stick to always going in the same direction to make everyone else's life easier in finding where to run. The first small ooze should be pulled out of the raid and just "babysat" by whoever it spawns on (can't be tanked) with it only doing damage to that target and not everyone.

Hope this helps a bit.

Daydream
01-21-2010, 09:54 AM
One thing you can do so people don't get lost after explosions is that as soon as the big ooze finishes casting his explosion have everyone run towards him. It does sound like that would kill you but since it aims for where people where their shouldn't have been anyone standing on him when he finishes casting, and this will as well mean the next person who gets infection should be relatively close to the Ooze tank.

Trork
01-21-2010, 11:24 AM
The first small ooze should be pulled out of the raid and just "babysat" .
Cheers, will try that out :-)

One thing you can do so people don't get lost after explosions is that as soon as the big ooze finishes casting his explosion have everyone run towards him. It does sound like that would kill you but since it aims for where people where their shouldn't have been anyone standing on him when he finishes casting, and this will as well mean the next person who gets infection should be relatively close to the Ooze tank.
omg, that sounds like an amazing plan :D very interesting strat, we will have the MT just soak up the missile, and everyone will be close to me! Very interesting strat, thanks :-)