PDA

View Full Version : Lord Marrowgar ending Bonestorm early?

Valalvax
01-19-2010, 10:16 PM
I've finally talked my guild into doing Lord Marrowgar, why was he ending Bonestorm early? The first few times that really messed me up because I was focusing on what I was doing and what others were doing, my fault entirely, but I figured "oh he's about halfway d--OHGODMYASSHESKILLINGMEFROMBEHIND"

Anyway, I didn't see anything about damage forcing it to end early or anything, wondering why he was doing it

Kloon
01-20-2010, 04:35 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too with DBM not being correct there, and here are some solutions for you:

- Try and find an updated DBM.
- Just keep attacking him while he is in bonestorm, it is not a lot of damage you recieve, and all the tank classes have DoTS to pick him up quickly, but its also the melee and the rangeds job to stay far away from him so the tanks can pick him up.

Dirkloogie
01-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Don't use DBM to track how long he will bone storm. He makes 4 "stops", so depending on how far he travels across the room, the timer from DBM will be off. I usually count the "stops" that he makes over vent so all DPS knows to stop when he stops at the 4th person, so the tanks can pick him up.

Pylae
01-20-2010, 09:38 AM
It just takes some practice.

The first 2-3 weeks I let him insta-gib people a lot, but now that I've played him three times a week for four weeks I know how long he spins after the fourth move and when to taunt so the actual debuff that forces him to swing at me is up.

If the four people he targets are on totally opposite parts of the room, he'll go longer than the DBM timer, if they're right next to each other, they won't.

Valalvax
01-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I was actually going by the in-game buff >.<

But, reading here I see that he goes to four people then ends it, so that's what I needed to know, thanks guys <3

Muffin Man
01-20-2010, 01:25 PM
The in-game buff is really buggy. Or at least it was when ICC first came out. IE. it had a tendency to reset its duration every time he picked a new spot to spin at.

I just count 4 stops as well. And/or throw a dot on him if he spins by. Keep in mind that he's tauntable now too so even if you mistime it, you still have a chance to get him provided no one was standing close by (which they shouldn't be).