PDA

View Full Version : Putricide: Abomination vehicle interface not working

Akihito
01-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Has anyone else had any problems where the vehicle UI for the abomination does not show up after drinking the potion? Sadly, I have had this happen to me twice. I was able to fix the problem by doing a /reloadui, but sadly that takes too long and I got too far behind on the slime. I had to disable all of my addons to get things to function correctly, which of course makes tanking in P3 all that more interesting.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know which addon causes the problem? I was able to confirm that neither DBM, Xperl, NeedToKnow, nor PallyPower were the culprits. But with limited attempts I really didn't get all that much time to troubleshoot further.

saedo
01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
More likely to be a bar addon. Bartender? Make sure it's all updated. Go to the sites you download from and see if their comments share any info on issues.

Akihito
01-18-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't use any bar addons. The only addon that I use that I thought would have anything at all to do with messing with the vehicle interface would be Xperl, but I did an attempt last night in an alt run with all addons enabled *except* for Xperl and it worked fine.

Given that this only happens to abomination drivers in a limited attempt encounter, I haven't found any comments regarding this issue anywhere else yet. I'm hoping to find anyone else that is having similar issues and then try to troubleshoot it. I figure this is the best place to look for intelligent people that have control of the abominations.

PS: This issue only happens to me with the abomination. In general, my vehicle interface works fine. As part of troubleshooting this I flew up to Ulduar and was able to drive a siege engine with no problem.

Agmar
01-20-2010, 02:27 PM
I think this issue arises from the fact that you're in combat when you enter and exit the vehicle.

I am having problems with my playerframe 'breaking' when I exit the abom in phase 3.

Quinafoi
01-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Just curious, but do you have a combat pet active when you hop into the abomination? Pet and vehicle frames are closely linked and the issue may actually be related to the change in state in combat.

Akihito
01-20-2010, 03:40 PM
I do not have a ghoul (or any other combat pet) active. I'm going to test a couple more of my addons when I tank it tonight. Hopefully I can find the offending addon soon. I'm guessing its one of the more obscure ones, as I can't seem to find anyone else that is having the same problem as me.

Masterkiller
01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
The player that drives the abom vehicle for us also experiences this the first attempt of the night and they are using an almost completely vanilla Blizz UI. We found that if they /console reloadui in the room prior to the first pull that they dont experience it anymore. Additionally if you /console reloadui when your bars disappear you can get them back (after the reload).