PDA

View Full Version : Festergut Spore Placement 25 Man

AEIOU
01-15-2010, 06:43 AM
As a raid leader for my guild, I am curious how others are handling the spore placement in 25 man. I've watched some videos, and have seen some ideas, but I am curious if your guilds have any set way to be able to quickly get people to their locations.

Our problem occurs when 2-3 spores end up in the same place, and then having 2-3 people all stay there or 2 run to the same spot etc..

Any tips or suggestions on how to make that part easier or how it's handled in your guilds attempts.

Selyndia
01-15-2010, 07:15 AM
We split up 8 ranged into 2 groups of 4 each. Those 4 then set themselves up in a square 10 yards apart, and collapse to the middle of the square when spores are being shared. The two groups are both behind the boss, one a little to the right, the other a little to the left. 10 yards away from each other and the melee cluster

The best way we had to handle spores was to communicate where they were going. You have 12 seconds which is enough time for them to figure it out. Exception is, that if a tank and a melee/healer get it, the tank stays put (Obviously) and if a Healer/Melee get it, then the healer stays there while the melee goes out (We have very few mobile healers in our raids, and melee can get back to the boss faster between intercept, kitty leap, sprint, etc).

I told them the whole point of using Vent while raiding was so we could communicate important crap like this, and they eventually got it. I think it took about 2 attempts.

Googity
01-15-2010, 07:24 AM
What we usually do is have everyone spread out in a semi-circle around the ring on the door side. We also have all of our healers and two of our highest ranged DPS stay clumped with the melee. DBM puts symbols on those people with the spore, so we basically just call out the symbol that needs to move. Our raiders are pretty good at making sure that 2 spores aren't clumped together when they move.

Taxxes
01-15-2010, 07:43 AM
We simply had group designations of where to stand. Group 1+2, being comprised of melee and tanks, were stationary the entire fight (unless there was both a spore on the current tank and a melee, in which case the melee is obliged to move) with the specific instruction to be UNDER the boss, to insure that all persons were innoculated each time without issue, including tanks.
NB: We did have our Holy paladins standing with melee to avoid a bad debuff+blight-- its quite easy for a tank to go down after 3buffs on the boss coupled with their relative weakness of healing "on the move" to plan for spores, so do plan ahead for those contingencies.

For the ranged, we simply assigned 2 healers to be the focal points: Shammy slightly ranged and left, and a priest ranged right. Group 3 was slightly left, group 4 right, and healers were given center-priority. Whomever had the spores were obliged to 'complete the triangle' of "Boss, Ranged Right and Ranged Left":Collapsing in on the static healer. All ranged collapsing on a designated point is much easier than the free-for-all way of doing it.

Per directions and adjustments, we limited the amount of directions. One person is all that is required to note that "2 Spores melee, X move out".

After barely missing the Enrage Timer once our raid was comfortable with the encounter, we decided to move the 'top 2' casters into the melee group, so that barring them being the 2nd spore in melee, they, like the holy pallies, could stay still and nuke without fear of puking or positioning. I am unsure about the generic "minimum" number of ranged targets Festergut needs before he will target the melee with the debuff, but I do know there is a number, since this did occur in our melee-heavy 10man.

AEIOU
01-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. We did have the focal points for range and a set idea for melee and tanks.

I believe the biggest thing we lacked was quick calls on who goes to the spots. The 12 seconds felt more like 5 when it was going on :)

greendragonempire
01-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Calling out to your raider is a crutch and should be phased out.

1 second of critical thinking is all that is needed to place the spores correctly every time.

the best way to place the spores and to introduce consistency to the fight is to create a triangle, with the boss as 1 vertex in the middle of the room, and 2 ranged vertexes spread between 10 and 20 yards apart.

place your casters in a semi-circle and have them collapse to the nearest 'ranged' vertex when the spores spawn.

on the spores spawning, all you need to do is a quick check. am i near any other spores? which ranged vertex is the closest to me? is there somebody going for that vertex already?

using these simple rules, the spores should be placed correctly every time.

those little smoke things are great if you place them at the 'ranged' vertexes

Selyndia
01-15-2010, 09:01 AM
I made our engineers make me extra smoke flares for showing possitioning....got tired of pinging the map to see 3 other halfwits ping randomly just to screw with it...

They are cheap useful and are pretty damn obvious.

Fayre
01-16-2010, 06:35 AM
We only use two of the spores. One 'ranged' spore in the doorway and one 'melee' spore who stands as close to the centre of Festergut as possible (to hit both tanks and melee/healers). If we get two spores at range, the one furthest from the centre stays put while the others run in to the centre. If we get two spores in melee, we just call someone out to move.