PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried kiting Festergut?

Pylae
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I think he moves too fast and his hitbox is too big...and his beserk timer too tight...but nothing reduces tank damage like the boss not swinging at you in the first place.

I'm thinking maybe a hunter distracting shot then feign death, then maybe a cat or something with feline swiftness.

Odok
01-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Even if it did work there's too many downsides. Both melee and ranged DPS would lose a lot of DPS time, no way to guarantee melee/healers won't get puke bombed, spores would become very complicated, etc.

Selyndia
01-13-2010, 03:23 PM
This has a few issues. The first is the enrage timer; having him run off and need to be chased for 20% of the fight (2 30 second phases) will drop DPS substantially. Secondly, his placement is pretty important to avoid Vile Gas on groups, like the melee group chasing him. Initial groups had a few issues with that on Vezax for kiting him and likely a similar situation will arise here and you will need to coordinate that with the Spore groups (And if the kiting tank gets one, it will make a giant mess since the melee will have to stop DPSing and stack on them and potentially be a target for Vile Gas. This doesn't even account for the required threat to keep him on someone for a full 30 seconds that isn't getting in melee range.

Bihn
01-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I don't know why anyone would try it. You're facing some serious raid comp issues if you can't account for 2 30 second periods of cooldown rotation.

If your tanks are dying, try to figure out why, and work on that. Are they keeping a melee haste debuff and a AP debuff up? Are they staggering their cooldowns correctly? Are they undergeared? Are your healers?

This fight is very straightforward. If your tanks are having survival issues, there are mistakes being made, either on their part or on the part of the healers.

Quinafoi
01-13-2010, 03:25 PM
That would require considerably more DPS since basically you'd be only relying on ranged DPS for the duration of the kiting. Since the larger problem people have with the encounter is killing him quickly enough, any loss in DPS is likely not acceptable. Perhaps when people start overgearing it substantially which won't be for some time, this may be a method of reducing the healing demand, but it won't make the fight any faster.

Liquidska
01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
No, and they shouldn't, this will be more of a head ache then actually gain. Even if the above mentioned problems were some how solvable. Cat + dash really won't work that well, the DPS you would require for this will pull off that taunt in 2 seconds.

Do not attempt this. If you do anyways please fraps.

Pylae
01-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Yah, I will not be trying this. Forgot about vile gas targeting.

Although the idea wasn't to kite him the whole phase so much as like...5-10 seconds in the middle to get things caught up...but even that is just not worth it.