PDA

View Full Version : Deathbringer Saurfang, PW:S and more!

Phix
01-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Last night while at DBS it seemed like he was getting his blood power faster than the week before with about the same setup, 2 tanks, 8 melee dps, 6 heals and 9 ranged. Two of the healers are disc priests assigned to shields to lower the amount of power he gets from blood boils.
So today we're talking strat, reading a few things and I go to check on an ability on wowwiki and read -
Note: As of Jan 13, it is confirmed that Power Word: Shield will no longer reduce prevent Blood Power from being generated.
Can anyone confirm?

Also we had trouble with the traps and earthbind totems on the blood beasts, I can't say if they were just placed incorrectly or they weren't working so figured I'd ask here.

Thanks in advance!

Quinafoi
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Wowwiki does say that however I can not verify any source for that change, the person modified the article but didn't link to any related forum posts or anything which document the change.

I didn't notice any increase in Blood Power gains in our 10 man yesterday. We only have a Holy Priest and typically get one mark around 20-30%. It would be helpful if the person who altered the wowwiki article supplied the related sources for that information which was changed.

Quinafoi
01-13-2010, 03:04 PM
As the events themselves are described, the boss should only gain Blood Power if the event causes damage (event type _DAMAGE). Partial absorbs still fire the same event which is why they also generated Blood Power. A full absorb is a different combat event type (_MISSED).

Anyway, watched some Youtube videos of kills made on 1/13/2010, and can confirm he has less than 15 Blood Power after the second Boiling Blood in 25 man... in fact this particular raid had him at 4 Blood Power when the second was set of 3 Boiling Blood targets was cast on. This isn't functionally possible since on 3 targets this would generate at least 15 Blood Power (5 ticks per target).

I suspect the person who altered the wowwiki article altered it with incorrect information. While partial absorbs won't prevent Blood Power gains, full absorbs definately still prevent it based on videos of kills made yesterday.