PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Shield Block Value? How vital is it?

Rennadrel
01-12-2010, 06:25 AM
It seems that Blizzard is hell bent on getting rid of shield block for paladins and warriors by forcing us to itemize the same way druids and death knights do, which is completely lazy of them as far as I am concerned. So how much does the shield block stats on certain items really impact tanking and is it really worth stacking over dodge for Icecrown? I find that even with the shield block value that I have off my tanking gear, with Holy Shield popped I take very little damage from mobs or bosses and attacks with my shield do considerable amounts of damage.

Eisen
01-12-2010, 08:23 AM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with your first sentence. Blizz has been steadily reducing the SBV on items, whiole giving us more and more parry of all things.

I predict by Cat a warrior's rotation will have Devastate as the highest threat generator, so we'll be back to the old "sunder spam" tanking of vanilla days.

That said, don't ignore SBV for now..it's certianly important...but if you can get more of it maximie your threat by whatever means are necessary (adding str, expertise, etc)

MellvarTank
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Keep in mind that block mechanics are being completely redone for cataclysm.