PDA

View Full Version : I Want an Airship

Eravian
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Someone was commenting in the guild forums about ways that they could improve guilds, and although I mentioned this in that post, I'm going to put it here. Maybe we can generate a petition to get Blizzard to put it in the game! ;)

The post I referenced was talking about having guild halls. Well, I've long thought why have a guild hall, when you could have a guild airship? My original thought, long ago, was that it would be cool if you could have a ship that sails around to different cities for your guild, but once I saw the Skybreaker and Orgrim's Hammer in Icecrown, that got me thinking even more.

Suppose you set it up so that they cost an extraordinary amount of gold, something along the lines of 500,000 to a 1,000,000 gold to buy various mats (like the chopper mats, that are used exclusively for the chopper), 20,000 saronite bars, 1,000 titansteel bars, etc. Make it so it's really expensive to make, but if you do assemble it all, you can build your very own guild airship. Especially since they're adding flying mounts to the old world come Cataclysm, it would be fun to be able to just pop on and off your guild airship as it's docked outside Stormwind.

To add further fun, you could set it up that certain ranks get different benefits. Officers can pilot it around (a slow moving flying mount, essentially, that's very big), maybe middle ranks can jumpships, the lower ranks can be catapulted off with parachutes, etc. Just imagine how fun a major city raid would be if you could pull your airship up along the city and drop 40 raiders in from the sky?

They could even implement something where you could raid other guilds airships, particularly on PvP servers. You want to get to Ogrimmar to raid Thrall? There might be a few Horde airships in the way that you have to get by first, repel invaders, etc.

Anyway, that's just my two cents... I think it would be amazing fun, even if it did change the feel of the game a little. Come on, Blizzard, let me build an airship!

Vash
01-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Sweet Jesus, that sounds so incredibly awesome. D: I hate you, because now I want it so badly:(

CuddyBuddy
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah same! That sounds pretty spiffy :O<3