PDA

View Full Version : Icecrown Festergut

Ciderhelm
01-06-2010, 05:11 AM
You can find a guide to the heroic version of this encounter here (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?64205-Icecrown-Festergut-Hard&p=385409)!

cQYVvu-2a60

L_0n38eMJXU

JKe2N7wKxKs

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/images/snowfall/donorbanner.jpg (http://www.tankspot.com/premium.php)

Welcome back to the icecrown raid guide, my name is Thegreatme and in this video I will be discussing our strategy for Festergut, which is the fifth boss in the icecrown citadel raid instance.

The festergut encounter is relatively simple in terms of the complexity of the mechanics, however because of the short 5 minute enrage timer, and the large amounts of damage the raid and tanks take, the encounter is essentially a gear check.

Once you initiate the pull the room will be filled with a gas cloud that will do around 4500 damage to everyone in the raid every two seconds. your ranged should be spread out in a semicircle around the boss making sure that they are at least 8 yards away from each so multiple people aren't hit by vile gas, which is basically a conflagerate type debuff that causes the player targeted and anyone within 8 yards of them to become disoriented and do damage to everyone around them for 6 seconds

Approximately every 30 seconds festergut will cast inhale blight, this will reduce the damage done by the gas cloud by 1/3, but it will also cause him to gain a stacking buff that increases his damage done, and his attack speed by 30%. as festerguts stacks increase it may be advisable to rotate cooldowns on the tanks as needed because festergut will hit very hard by the time he does his third inhale blight cast.

Approximately every 35 seconds festergut will give 3 random raid members a debuff called Gas spore. After 12 seconds the spore detonates doing about 2000 damage every second for 6 seconds to everyone within 8 yards, anyone who survives this debuff will become inoculated, which reduces shadow damage taken by 25% stacking 3 times. who ever gets the gas spore debuff will have an animation that looks exactly like the spores from loatheb floating over their head. It is imperative that everyone gets under one of these spores before they detonate, and then immediately moves back to their position the moment it has detonated. It is imperative that everyone gets inoculated, including the tanks. because you have 12 seconds to get under a spore, under normal circumstances people with gas spores should never have to move, but if there is no spore in the melee, or if two spores are right next to each other then one of them should move so people do not get multiple stacks of the initial detonation debuff, because even if you have two or even three stacks of the damage overtime debuff, you will only get one stack of inoculated.

About 20 seconds after the 3rd inhale festergut will use pungent blight, which does 50,000 shadow damage to everyone in the raid. This ability removes all stacks of innoculated. it also resets festergut's stacks of inhale, and releases the gaseous blight back in to the room. By the time pungent blight is cast everyone in the raid should have 3 stacks of innoculated and therefore only take around 13000 damage when it is cast, if a player does not have 3 stacks of inoculated they should use their own defensive cooldowns, or have healers use a cooldown on them if one is available.

Finally, every 10 seconds festergut will put a debuff on the tank called gastric bloat, which increases their damage by 10% for 100 seconds, stacking up to 10 times. If the tank reaches 10 stacks they will explode doing 50,000 nature damage to everyone nearby, if this happens your raid will wipe. to prevent this you need to have at least two tanks for this encounter. Your second tank should taunt the boss once your first tank has 9 stacks. the first tank tank should then switch to a DPS stance or turn off righteous fury because otherwise they might pull agro. This tank should immediately taunt the moment that their debuff wears off because by that time the other tank will be only a few seconds away from getting hit with a 10th stack.

Welcome back to the Icecrown raid guide. My name is darksend and in this video I will cover the 10 man version of Festergut, one of the two abominations in the plaugeworks.

If you'd like more information about this encounter or would like to learn more about downloading this movie, click "more info" on the movie information box on YouTube to head directly to TankSpot! Also, be sure to subscribe by clicking the Subscribe button to the right to be automatically notified as we release movies. Finally, TankSpot Donors can download all of these movies in High Definition directly from our servers -- click the second link in the movie information box to learn more about this service!

Festergut and Rotface are the first two encounters in the plaugeworks and can be done in either order. After you defeat stinky and precious, the two mini-bosses with mechanics similar to that of gluth in naxxramas, head left down the hall to reach festergut.

Almost imediatly after starting the encounter an orange gaseous blight will fill the room and deal periodic shadow damage to everyone in the raid. Every 34 seconds festergut wil inhale some of that gas. While This will decrease the amount of periodic damage being done to the raid, it will aslo cause him to gain a stacking buff called inhaled blight. This buff increases Festergut's physical damage as well as increasing his attack speed both by 30%. He will do this 3 times until all the gas is inhaled, gaining a stack each time. When he reaches three stacks, the tank needs to begin rotating his or her own cooldowns as well as any external cooldowns to survive until the next ability 34 seconds later. This ability will be Pungent blight.

Pungent blight deals massive shadow damage to the entire raid by releasing all the inhaled gas back into the room. This will resume the raid damage but it will also completely remove festerguts buff. This cycle repeats until the 5 minute enrage timer. In order to counter the pungent blight, every 40-50 seconds 2 random raid memebers will get a debuff called gas spore. When the spore explodes, it will hit everyone nearby with a dot called blighted spores. When this dot runs out however you become inoculated, which is a stacking debuff that actually helps you, decreasing shadow damage recieved by 25% per stack. However the counter works both ways, pungent blight will also completely remove your inoculated stacks.

While this is going on there are also two other abilities he does. The first is only on the target he is attacking. Bastric bloat is another helpful debuff. It does about 10K damage when the stack is applied but each stack inceases the tanks damage by 10%. The down side is if the stack reaches 10 the tank will instantly explode killing himself and dealing about 30K damage to all raid members in range. This is actually a good thing because by forcing tank transitions you get a second full set of tank cooldowns to use during the time when he has 3 stacks of inhaled blight. We found taunting at 8 stacks to be the best way to handle the transitions. On the plus side, the tank can now go cat form, blood pressence, click off righteous fury, or do battle or berserker stance and do some decent damage for the minute and a half or so with that 80% increased damage buff before taunting back, just dont forget to swap back.

The final ability is vile gas, which inflicts moderate shadow damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds and additional damage to nearby players. It will also disorient anyone hit by it so it is very important for ranged to stay spread out.

As long as you can ensure that you have enough ranged for this to never hit a melee, your tank healers should always be stacked with the melee. This also has the advantadge of that healer never having to move to get a spore.

We did this with 2 ranged dps and 3 healers, one of which standing in melee range. We worked out on vent before hand which dps would run into melee if they both got a spore. obviously if one healer and one dps got it the dps would move allowing the healer to keep casting, and if both healers got it the resto druid would have moved into melee due to the ability to cast while moving.

Valhal
01-06-2010, 05:38 AM
Is it public test realm?

fidom4life
01-06-2010, 05:42 AM
No it released a day earlier then on the EU realms so they are able to post it now for us :D

Kiertel
01-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Makes the video a little strange to watch.

Xillian
01-06-2010, 07:59 AM
In our attempts Festergut gives the tanks a real pounding during phase 3. We had a shadow priest who I usually keep throwing out dps go holy at it wasn't enough so I recommend 3 strong healers. Also having the tank healer stack with the tank should be a requirement for all raids.

Darksend
01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
In our attempts Festergut gives the tanks a real pounding during phase 3. We had a shadow priest who I usually keep throwing out dps go holy at it wasn't enough so I recommend 3 strong healers. Also having the tank healer stack with the tank should be a requirement for all raids.

not stacked on the tank, stacked on the melee. in 25 man I missed the spore twice because I was to far away as the tank so either the spore in the melee or the tank needs to run closer to the center of his hitbox.

Njordus
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
After a few times hitting the enrage timer at ~5% (25m), I want to put more ranged dps into melee range. Do we know the minimum players we need at range? 3 seemed to be the number on 10 man, so I'm assuming it's 8 on 25?

Olat
01-06-2010, 09:17 AM
As Blizzard previously stated that they are reducing spike dmg in boss fights, I find it odd that in 25m our tanks were getting hit for 30k+ every .5 secs during inhale 2 and beyond. Our healers (7 of them, 2 being Holy Paladins spamming Holy Light) couldnt keep our tanks alive.

Also during the 25m we had multiple melee getting hit with the spore and if that happens a melee needs to run out. If 2 spores detonate on the melee simultaneously in 25m, its pretty much GG for your Melee.

The 10m Version we had small issues but, that was just from learning the mechanics.

Njordus
01-06-2010, 09:38 AM
DBM puts marks above players' heads with spores. Skull X and Square (i think). What we did was have the person marked "X" run into or out of melee range if the spores were not 1 melee 2 ranged.

Twistedhoof
01-06-2010, 10:11 AM
In 10 man this was very simple just spread out and then collpase onto the tank/melee when the spores go up.

This fight requires switching of the healing focus. At first it requires heavy raid heals and as he inhales the gas the focus switches to the tank heals.

In 25's only the ranged was spread, NOT including the healers, they stack with melee and tanks for ease of healing. We had two ranged groups that would spread out on North and South sides of the room, each group would stack up on each other for the spores, if the melee or tanks did not get a spore it would be called out on vent for which group would collapse onto the melee.

He has a very strict enrage timer and deaths of anykind are hard to recover from. Due to the nature of the fight rebirths/soulstones can only be used after Pungent Blight has been cast so the person being rezzed has a chance to get a full 3 stack of the inoculated debuff.

He has a HARD enrage that requires 144.1 k raid DPS to beat. if you are close but are not going to make it, make sure that all DoT's are refresh as close to the end of the timer as possible as the tanks will usually survive for about 10-15 seconds after the enrage, so the more ticking DoT's the better.

Marthius
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
It's a nice video, but I got one gripe :( Sorry but why you keep jumping up and down all the time? Fair enough if there is a reason it's needed, but otherwise just a bit annoying to watch the screen move constantly.

Sorry :(

M

squats
01-06-2010, 11:02 AM
It's a nice video, but I got one gripe :( Sorry but why you keep jumping up and down all the time? Fair enough if there is a reason it's needed, but otherwise just a bit annoying to watch the screen move constantly.

Sorry :(

M
hes bored.

This was my favorite fight last night for sure.

Kazeyonoma
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
yeah, Festergut, very fun fight, enjoyed it, =] Very healing intensive fight, switching from heavy raid to heavy tank back to raid and back to tank again. Definitely need 3 healers for 10 man until higher gearing, as we were getting destroyed with just 2 healers.

KrystalDragon
01-06-2010, 08:44 PM
STOP JUMPING! Oh my goodness that was very very frustrating. Highly distracting.

Zartanchi
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
It is imperative that everyone gets under one of these spores before they detonate, and then immediately moves back to their position the moment it has detonated.

Does it matter which spore you go to? For example, can ranged go to a melee or should melee stick with melee and ranged with ranged?

Vorogar
01-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey guys, I've been a regular reader of Tankspot but just signed up. /wave

Tonight my 10-man guild and I went back into ICC to try the new quarter. On an attempt before we downed him, I discovered something that caused our wipe. Throughout all the attempts before, while my paladin tank partner was tanking Festergut and I was waiting for the stacking debuff to wear off, I was regularly intervening to absorb a hit and relieve some damage on him. At one point I had about 50 seconds left on the debuff when I intervened. A few seconds later I noticed I had 9 stacks of the debuff (up from 8) and a 2 min duration again. I can't confirm this (and I'm not sure how the debuff is applied), but my only explanation is that my intervene intercepted the debuff-applying attack. So, something to check out and be aware of.

Evadd
01-07-2010, 12:14 AM
first off, thanks for another great video and guide. it helped reaffirm some of the mechanics on the little/big oozes that we had trouble with on our first couple attempts.

question re: the described 10-man strat: does gastric bloat on the tanks get applied every 10 seconds and last for 100 seconds as it does in 25? if so, how can the tanks switch at 8 stacks? if i'm thinking this through correctly, tank 1 takes 8 stacks x 10 seconds = 80 seconds. tank 2 taunts, and takes 8 stacks x 10 seconds = 80 seconds. if the debuff lasts for 100 seconds and assuming it's refreshed with each new stack, that means that tank 1 still has about 20 seconds of debuff left with 8 stacks when he has to taunt back. on the 9th stack, it will now be at 100 seconds again, no? there must be something i'm missing since Darksend said that's the way they did it...

Trexokor
01-07-2010, 12:34 AM
As Blizzard previously stated that they are reducing spike dmg in boss fights, I find it odd that in 25m our tanks were getting hit for 30k+ every .5 secs during inhale 2 and beyond. Our healers (7 of them, 2 being Holy Paladins spamming Holy Light) couldnt keep our tanks alive.

I'm not sure I understand how you were having problems with his tank damage with your setup. On our attempts we were using 5 healers; 2 Shamans, 2 Druids, and myself as Holy Paladin, and while barely able to keep up, we did, without any 3-stack tank deaths until I was forced to move in any given attempt. He was hitting our tanks for 25-29k damage with full stacks and only as frequent as every 0.9 seconds; maybe you're missing a debuff or two on him?

It's definitely heavy damage, but nothing that isn't manageable.

In the 10 man, we did just fine with Paladin+Druid healing. None of the encounters in Icecrown so far have required 3 healers for us. This was with a few 264 pieces, but the fight was very sparing on my mana and lenient on the requirements, I'm quite sure I'd have been able to do the same in 10 man gear. I can see needing 3 healers for it perhaps if you don't have a Paladin.

If you think this fight is healing intensive, wait until you reach putricide. Healing meters are lower but with the amount of movement involved, the healing requirements are huge when you run 2 healers.

doom1992
01-07-2010, 12:49 AM
I noticed you jumping a lot in that fight, is there any particular reason for it?

Thorondor
01-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Excuse me, I'm not sure if I understand:

He was hitting our tanks for 25-29k damage with full stacks and only as frequent as every 0.9 seconds; maybe you're missing a debuff or two on him?
Is there a particular debuff that would diminish the amount of damage he does, or the frequency of attacks? Thanks in advance.

Squeegiemama
01-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Excuse me, I'm not sure if I understand:
Is there a particular debuff that would diminish the amount of damage he does, or the frequency of attacks? Thanks in advance.

Thunderclap, Demo Shout, Vindication?

Vaelia
01-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Taunt at 8 stacks. The debuff lasts for a long enough duration that if you have the boss taunted off you and wait for it to fall off before taunting, you'll grab it back right when the other tank has 8 stacks. 8 stacks gives room to recover in the event of an emergency (like a tank going down, see the 25-man video).

Troz
01-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi,
Im having problems watching the Festergut 10man version video - the video seems to be loading but is not shown, it seems to be a common problem for me and my guildies.

/Troz

Liquidska
01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
On the 10 man video, why did the druid hope up and down in bear form for the first part of the fight? Shouldn't we see some cat deeps?

Darksend
01-07-2010, 07:57 AM
On the 10 man video, why did the druid hope up and down in bear form for the first part of the fight? Shouldn't we see some cat deeps?

Ideally yes, but our first tank on that particular group was not our normal tank (we went with whoever was on to try and get a feel for the encounters) and as such was slightly undergeared. The druid wanted to be in bear in case anything*unfortunate" happened.

lentii
01-07-2010, 09:14 AM
In the 10-man Festergut encounter, what addon is it you are useing to display the boss' healthframe and castingbar above his head.

zevah
01-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know the minimum number of people required to be at range before Vile Gas will start hitting melee? (At least for 25man)

It would help a lot to stack all the raid at melee range and just move away 2 of the 3 players with Gas Spore.

In the 10-man Festergut encounter, what addon is it you are useing to display the boss' healthframe and castingbar above his head.

Aloft

Liquidska
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Ideally yes, but our first tank on that particular group was not our normal tank (we went with whoever was on to try and get a feel for the encounters) and as such was slightly undergeared. The druid wanted to be in bear in case anything*unfortunate" happened.

Understandable, but as a continuation of my though process. Shouldn't the feral be tanking first anyways? So he can shift cat after the taunt? A feral tank bear will deal a lot more in cat then a prot warrior in battle stance. Or is this just more of the "err on the side of caution"?

Incidentally, any particular thoughts on which would benefit more from the 90% damage buff? A Dk or a Druid, both do fairly good deeps just by changing presence / forms. Is the damage buff to all damage, or is it just physical?

Or is this even worth worrying about...?

apc
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
I have a question concerning his enrage timer. From what I have read it takes aprox. 144k dps to down him in time (about 7100dps per dammage dealer). Is this correct? If so I think our guild will have many issues downing him even though we breeze through the first wing without many issues, we do not get anywhere close to 144kdps.

Vaelia
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
This is correct. Festergut is a straightup gearcheck. In fact, all the new bosses are several steps beyond anything in the first wing. Think Ulduar for the first couple of weeks prenerfs.

Darksend
01-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Understandable, but as a continuation of my though process. Shouldn't the feral be tanking first anyways? So he can shift cat after the taunt? A feral tank bear will deal a lot more in cat then a prot warrior in battle stance. Or is this just more of the "err on the side of caution"?

Incidentally, any particular thoughts on which would benefit more from the 90% damage buff? A Dk or a Druid, both do fairly good deeps just by changing presence / forms. Is the damage buff to all damage, or is it just physical?

Or is this even worth worrying about...?

the second tank will ALWAYS be the one tanking the first 3 stack inhaled blight so you always want your weaker tank going first

Zxian
01-07-2010, 01:09 PM
@Thegreatme - You sure you were doing this on normal? It looks like you were very close to pushing the enrage timer, despite the relatively high DPS of your raid. :confused:

Maybe I'm just used to most PuG DPS performing terribly... :p

Another question for anyone who knows the answer - I'm guessing that Anti-Magic Shell comes in very handy here from a DK perspective, nearly negating Pungent Blight (and some of the damage from the spores). Does anyone know whether Cloak of Shadows will remove the Inoculation buff/debuff? When playing on my rogue, I often try to negate as much damage as possible, so cloaking off the DoT from the spores seems logical (as long as it doesn't remove Inoculation).

Trexokor
01-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know whether Cloak of Shadows will remove the Inoculation buff/debuff? When playing on my rogue, I often try to negate as much damage as possible, so cloaking off the DoT from the spores seems logical (as long as it doesn't remove Inoculation).

Not sure on Cloak of Shadows, but you can use Feint to cut it in half and that's a very very significant number.

Telemachus
01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
In 10 man this was very simple just spread out and then collpase onto the tank/melee when the spores go up.

We tried this idea on our attempts on him, but we were finding that some people weren't getting the innoculation. The theory was that the spores were trying to hit some people twice and skipping some players.

Mwawka
01-07-2010, 01:57 PM
We tried this idea on our attempts on him, but we were finding that some people weren't getting the innoculation. The theory was that the spores were trying to hit some people twice and skipping some players.

Having everyone collapse in did not work for us for a different reason. Tank was dying while healers were running. So we went with the strategy of main tank healer (pally) with melee. When the spores were up one would go to tanks and melee and pally healer collapsed onto tanks. Second spore and range would collapse on the Disc Priest who never moved for the whole encounter. Took a couple of attempts to figure out all the variations of who should run where depending on who had the spores, but went very well after that.

As for the enrage timer, we are a 10 man guild mostly geared in 232 with whatever loot we have from ICC and frost badges and finished the fight in 4:21, running 3 healers. It is a gear check, but doable without having ridiculous gear levels. My guess is that the encounter will likely receive a visit from the nerf fairy before too long tho.

Vaelia
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
@Thegreatme - You sure you were doing this on normal? It looks like you were very close to pushing the enrage timer, despite the relatively high DPS of your raid. :confused:

Maybe I'm just used to most PuG DPS performing terribly... :p

One thing you might not have noticed is that we did have a bear druid there as well acting as a third "oh shit" tank since we were still relatively unsure exactly what was going to happen. Notice that the druid actually helped save us towards the end whenever our warrior went down by taunting and preventing me from getting 10 stacks while our warrior was getting rezzed. So, yeah, the bear could definitely have gone dps spec and shaved off a bit more time. There is still a fairly hefty gearcheck on both your tanks and dps, though. This is not going to be puggable until it's either nerfed or pugs manifest a lot of gear and skill out of somewhere.

Kazeyonoma
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
One thing you might not have noticed is that we did have a bear druid there as well acting as a third "oh shit" tank since we were still relatively unsure exactly what was going to happen. Notice that the druid actually helped save us towards the end whenever our warrior went down by taunting and preventing me from getting 10 stacks while our warrior was getting rezzed. So, yeah, the bear could definitely have gone dps spec and shaved off a bit more time. There is still a fairly hefty gearcheck on both your tanks and dps, though. This is not going to be puggable until it's either nerfed or pugs manifest a lot of gear and skill out of somewhere.

Well, that or over time, the buff that is placed to the entire raid as the Ashen Verdict get "stronger" will probably help make this more and more puggable depending on how big of a buff it is.

zortax4484
01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
The enrage timer on this fight is real tight, my 10 man group got it with maybe 10 seconds left. On a side note, we found on accident at one point, that a pally bubble will remove the Gastric Bloat stacks in case of an extreme emergency. Not sure though if this will also remove the inoculated stacks or not though. I didn't think to ask him.

Wtflux
01-07-2010, 11:52 PM
This is how it should look-

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8003/iccfginoculated.jpg?w=500&h=500

And this is my foolproof way of making it happen --

1 healer on left side marked with Symbol - 1 right side marked with symbol (These healers do not have to move for entire fight)
All dps closest to left collapse on left marked healer. All dps closest to right collapse on right marked healer.
(Well aware that there will be healers running as well, if your a healer or caster dps, use your brain, if the spore in melee is closer then running to either side, run to melee spore)

Spores are ran to these two healers.

If two spores spawn left ranged , the spore person that is closer to the right, make the run to the right healer with the mark. Vice Versa for two spores on right.

If two spores spawn in melee, one melee spore must be brought to left or right marked healer(The one without a spore)

This way, more heals/better dps -- win win

----------- The only thing missing here is moving back to your position and keeping 8 yards away from any person, if you can remember where you were it should not be a problem ------------

Zellviren
01-08-2010, 03:02 AM
Yeah, two main points for us also.

1) Tank damage starts off quite manageable, then ramps up. Raid damage starts off ramped up, then becomes manageable. This means that up to the first inhale, one tank healer and two on the raid is enough. After the first inhale, you want two healers on the tank and one on the raid.

2) The enrage timer is VERY tight. We had four enrage wipes, three of which were below 3%; underestimate it at your peril.

In saying that, I think the fight is perfectly tuned.

We didn't run with a shaman (opening up the "Bloodlust necessary" argument), but on each of those wipes we lost someone for well over 10 seconds and we had one member of the raid who was undergeared and not providing the expected level of DPS.

Considering our guild is one of those that runs with strong tanks and healers and slightly weaker DPS generally, I certainly wouldn't say the fight needs any retuning.

So...

Perfectly executed with two tanks (Protection warrior and Blood death knight), three healers (Discipline priest, Holy priest and Restoration druid) and five just above average DPS (Arcane mage, Destruction warlock, Blood death knight, Survival hunter, Feral druid each capable of 5k or more) is enough to down him without Bloodlust - so he's well tuned.

Welcome to "the Keepers of Icecrown".

Trexokor
01-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I learned a couple of things about this fight last night while we were attempting it again. There are a couple of key things we changed which would have given us the win had our top DPS rogue not disconnected at the start (he pulls about 3mil in the 5 minutes and we were 2.5mil behind enrage).

First, there is no reason to use 3 groups of ranged. In fact, I recommend against it. We used 1 group of ranged and 1 group of melee. 7 at range was sufficient to prevent Vile Gas on melee, and is presumably the minimum number. We never got a test on 6, but when 2 of our ranged died at one point, making 5 at range, Vile Gas definitely hit melee.

So we had 7 people spread out at ranged all in the same general area as each other, and of course all melee and our strongest ranged DPSers on his ass.

It's a lot easier to organize the spores this way. The only hitch is that one of the spores has to run *away* from everyone else so's not to double-infect either of the groups (since a double DOT, while not always lethal, can hurt very bad).

We found DPS time for the ranged classes went way up in this scenario. It also let us give healers priority to not move, and in the case of 2 healers getting a spore, the Paladin and Shaman would have priority (in that order) while the Druids would be the first to move out if required.

Second, as has been mentioned elsewhere I believe, shadow resist does not work on Pungent Blight. It works on everything else though. The fight pretty clearly favors having at least 1 Paladin healer, so Aura Mastery+Shadow Resist should be timed to mitigate some of the thick (0 inhale) blight damage. Because Pungent Blight's timer is just over every 2 minutes, it can be used shortly after the gas enters the room, and then right after each Pungent Blight goes off, to give healers 6 seconds of mitigation before people start dying off to the DOT after the big Pungent Blight blast.

Damage reduction cooldowns do work on Pungent Blight, as has been noted. Going with the above, that you'll likely have a Paladin healer for this fight, Divine Sacrifice+Divine Guardian makes an invaluable cooldown for this fight. I was able to time my Divine Sacrifice directly before Aura Mastery in each case to mitigate a good amount of damage. One of them was bubbled and kept the party div-sac effect, and the other two used the following macro hit twice:

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

The end result was that when someone screwed up and a few people only got 2 stacks of Inoculated, even those with no damage reduction cooldowns survived with HP to spare, and it's looking like a Holy Paladin will be the key to getting the Flu Shot Shortage achievement on 25.

Cooldowns ended up being timed like this (and can be used the same way in 10 man from a Holy Paladin):

- Gas enters room
- Divine Sacrifice (hit+cancel)
- Aura Mastery 6 seconds later
- Pungent Blight #1 starts casting
- Aura Mastery right as Pungent Blight finishes its cast
- Pungent Blight #2 starts casting
- Divine Shield + Divine Sacrifice

This should pretty much guarantee no deaths.

Also to note, Shadow Priests should never have to get Inoculated, and therefore make an excellent choice of someone to put at range. The only reason they need to clump up is if they get a spore that the ranged group requires. Dispersion covers enough of the damage that they will be at 0 risk if it's cast during Pungent Blight.

Malefik
01-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Just an aside, how much DPS are the 2 tanks roughly putting out with Gastric Bloat?

i.e. where are they roughly sitting on Recount by the end of the fight? 4k, 5k, 6k?

zevah
01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Just an aside, how much DPS are the 2 tanks roughly putting out with Gastric Bloat?

i.e. where are they roughly sitting on Recount by the end of the fight? 4k, 5k, 6k?

on our trys i was at 5.6k, as a dual wield frost dk tank. We didn't beat the encounter yet.

Tyler
01-09-2010, 05:36 AM
I learned a couple of things about this fight last night while we were attempting it again. There are a couple of key things we changed which would have given us the win had our top DPS rogue not disconnected at the start (he pulls about 3mil in the 5 minutes and we were 2.5mil behind enrage).

First, there is no reason to use 3 groups of ranged. In fact, I recommend against it. We used 1 group of ranged and 1 group of melee. 7 at range was sufficient to prevent Vile Gas on melee, and is presumably the minimum number. We never got a test on 6, but when 2 of our ranged died at one point, making 5 at range, Vile Gas definitely hit melee.

So we had 7 people spread out at ranged all in the same general area as each other, and of course all melee and our strongest ranged DPSers on his ass.

It's a lot easier to organize the spores this way. The only hitch is that one of the spores has to run *away* from everyone else so's not to double-infect either of the groups (since a double DOT, while not always lethal, can hurt very bad).

We found DPS time for the ranged classes went way up in this scenario. It also let us give healers priority to not move, and in the case of 2 healers getting a spore, the Paladin and Shaman would have priority (in that order) while the Druids would be the first to move out if required.

Second, as has been mentioned elsewhere I believe, shadow resist does not work on Pungent Blight. It works on everything else though. The fight pretty clearly favors having at least 1 Paladin healer, so Aura Mastery+Shadow Resist should be timed to mitigate some of the thick (0 inhale) blight damage. Because Pungent Blight's timer is just over every 2 minutes, it can be used shortly after the gas enters the room, and then right after each Pungent Blight goes off, to give healers 6 seconds of mitigation before people start dying off to the DOT after the big Pungent Blight blast.

Damage reduction cooldowns do work on Pungent Blight, as has been noted. Going with the above, that you'll likely have a Paladin healer for this fight, Divine Sacrifice+Divine Guardian makes an invaluable cooldown for this fight. I was able to time my Divine Sacrifice directly before Aura Mastery in each case to mitigate a good amount of damage. One of them was bubbled and kept the party div-sac effect, and the other two used the following macro hit twice:

/cast Divine Sacrifice

The end result was that when someone screwed up and a few people only got 2 stacks of Inoculated, even those with no damage reduction cooldowns survived with HP to spare, and it's looking like a Holy Paladin will be the key to getting the Flu Shot Shortage achievement on 25.

Cooldowns ended up being timed like this (and can be used the same way in 10 man from a Holy Paladin):

- Gas enters room

Also to note, Shadow Priests should never have to get Inoculated, and therefore make an excellent choice of someone to put at range. The only reason they need to clump up is if they get a spore that the ranged group requires. Dispersion covers enough of the damage that they will be at 0 risk if it's cast during Pungent Blight.

Thanks Trexokor, the 2 grp idea seems like a really good plan. I'm deffently going to try this tomorrow when we go again.

Last time we tried with 2 ranged grps and 1 melee grp + all the healers, so they didn't have to move, but we found it very hard to sort out who should run from the melee grp and where to within the 12 sec timer you have on the spores.
Doing it this way, on of the spores, if 2 in the melee grp can just run away and stand alone, and then go back.

Another thing is, have anyone else gotten problems with the tanks not getting the buff from the spores?
Sometimes when we run under Festergut, the tanks are still to far away to get infected.

Cheers

Trexokor
01-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks Trexokor, the 2 grp idea seems like a really good plan. I'm deffently going to try this tomorrow when we go again.

Last time we tried with 2 ranged grps and 1 melee grp + all the healers, so they didn't have to move, but we found it very hard to sort out who should run from the melee grp and where to within the 12 sec timer you have on the spores.
Doing it this way, on of the spores, if 2 in the melee grp can just run away and stand alone, and then go back.

Another thing is, have anyone else gotten problems with the tanks not getting the buff from the spores?
Sometimes when we run under Festergut, the tanks are still to far away to get infected.

Cheers

There've been a couple of times that our tanks haven't received the debuff, but I simply assumed it was because the person in the melee group failed at placing themselves correctly. When they get the spore, they need to run directly under the middle of the boss. Healers and Ranged DPS classes need to be standing right at his ass as close as they can without displacing him or attacking from the front, to make sure everyone can be in range. There is no limit to how many the spore can infect, so if it's missing people in range it's a bug.

However, we found that even if the tanks only managed to get 1 or 2 debuffs, with Divine Sacrifice up and their health pools, they lived the blast with plenty of health and always had a heal come after the blast to live the next hit.

Fuzzoff
01-10-2010, 09:07 AM

Here's my guilds WMO of our kill on Wed.
WoW Meters Online - Combatlog Replay (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/10956660#damageout)
and a vid if you want to see how we handled spores
YouTube - Death by Cupcake VS Festergut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ZjahrkFpo)

We had 2 paladins tanking, one got 9 stacks, bubbled, and got another 9 (does work) Our tanks did 4.7k and 3.3k

Bigtime
01-10-2010, 09:44 AM

- Gas enters room

I don't have much experience on the fight yet (only had a couple of attempts on 10-man) but a couple of questions on this healing strategy:

When you say hit plus cancel Divine Sacrifice - why do you cancel it, and how long do you wait before canceling it?

Also, why wait 6 seconds after the initial Divine Sacrifice to cast Aura Mastery?

Do you aim to have both Divine Sacifice AND Aura Mastery active when Pungent Blight finishes casting?

Thanks in advance!

Akeber
01-10-2010, 09:53 AM
We had 2 paladins tanking, one got 9 stacks, bubbled, and got another 9 (does work) Our tanks did 4.7k and 3.3k

Your tanks lost a ton of DPS by bubbling off that "debuff" at 9 stacks.

On our kill I (prot pally) did 5.8K dps and our feral tank did 5.9K, we beat the enrage by 25 seconds. I picked him up first, got to nine stacks, then our druid taunted. I then hit myslef with hand of salvation to drop 20% of my threat, clicked off righteous fury, and dpsed my ass off until the bear had nine stacks. I then taunted off him, another pally in the raid hit him with hand of salvation, he went kitty and dpsed. Festergut was dead before the bear had to take him back again.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pfysqll12xb92clg/sum/damageDone/?s=11619&e=11893)

Probably be a little tighter on the enrage after the rogue nerf. 3 rogues over 10K dps = OP.

lassen
01-10-2010, 10:58 AM
what is the name of the addon that looks like bartender so i can download it
or could u make an addon pack( just names ) which one ur using on the video from vestergrut

thanks

Tyler
01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Tried Trexokor (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/members/trexokor.html)'s advise tonight and it worked like a charm. Got him down after wiping to the enrage timer a few times. We switched to 5 healers and then he died with 20 sec. left on the timer.

Trexokor
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
When you say hit plus cancel Divine Sacrifice - why do you cancel it, and how long do you wait before canceling it?

I cancel it right away, and the reason is because you don't want the party version (Divine Sacrifice) but you do want the raidwide -20% damage taken (Divine Guardian) which sticks around even if you cancel the buff named Divine Sacrifice. It's a 6 second raidwide -20% damage taken and it's awesome. If you keep the Divine Sacrifice buff without bubbling, you'll promptly be blown up by absorbed damage.

Also, why wait 6 seconds after the initial Divine Sacrifice to cast Aura Mastery?

This is to level out the starting damage. You have to use both of them pretty close to the start so they're up again by Pungent Blight. You could theoretically use them together at the start but I figure 12 seconds of reducing the damage a bit is better than 6 seconds of reducing it by more, since it's really not unhealable in the first place.

Do you aim to have both Divine Sacifice AND Aura Mastery active when Pungent Blight finishes casting?

No, I aim to have Divine Guardian on the raid (the -20% raidwide damage taken) when Pungent Blight finishes casting, and I cast Aura Mastery directly after the blast goes off to reduce the chance anyone dies from the shadow ticking aura.

Edit:

Tried Trexokor (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/members/trexokor.html)'s advise tonight and it worked like a charm. Got him down after wiping to the enrage timer a few times. We switched to 5 healers and then he died with 20 sec. left on the timer.

Good to hear. The boomkin who came up with the suggestion will be happy to hear her suggestion helped. :)

iolwaat
01-11-2010, 02:18 AM
please make a new 10man video.. the jumping was insanely annoying. it's worse than a raptor mount jumping up and down.

doom1992
01-11-2010, 04:17 AM
My guild has a problem, because we have a dk, warrior and paladin tank, that we have rotated in 10 man, to try and get one of them to survive. Only the paladin seems to be able to survive the 3 stacks on the boss. Is there anyway in which a dk or warrior can survive this easier? Because warriors lack cds, and dks cds aren't very strong. Is stacking the new high armor gear good for this encounter? For example, the cloak that has 700 armor, the bp with 3800 ect, and the crafted stuff?

Darksend
01-11-2010, 08:03 AM
My guild has a problem, because we have a dk, warrior and paladin tank, that we have rotated in 10 man, to try and get one of them to survive. Only the paladin seems to be able to survive the 3 stacks on the boss. Is there anyway in which a dk or warrior can survive this easier? Because warriors lack cds, and dks cds aren't very strong. Is stacking the new high armor gear good for this encounter? For example, the cloak that has 700 armor, the bp with 3800 ect, and the crafted stuff?

I have tanked this in both 10 and 25 as a warrior, but before I get into that I need to know your healing setup.

In 25 it is much easier for a warrior because of external cooldowns, I hit last stand first with pain suppression, then I got d-sacced, and finally shield block, hitting shield wall as soon as last stand ended.

Finally, a lot of people forget that these exist, Indestructible Potion - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40093), USE THEM they are your best friend on a fight like this.

gundecker
01-11-2010, 07:26 PM
We had trouble doing Festergut in 10-man. I have a question. The other tank (druid) and myself (prot warrior) kept dying after the second inhale as the melee swings alone were enough to bash our heads in. During this time, there was only a pally healer healing us I believe.

What is the method of a tank surviving the second and third inhales? After the first inhale, is one of the raid healers supposed to switch to tank healing for the second and third inhales and then switch back to raid healing after the pungent blight?

Darksend
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
you should not be dieing to a 2 stack with a paladin healing you unless either the tanks or the paladin is extremely undergeared.

squats
01-11-2010, 11:41 PM
We had trouble doing Festergut in 10-man. I have a question. The other tank (druid) and myself (prot warrior) kept dying after the second inhale as the melee swings alone were enough to bash our heads in. During this time, there was only a pally healer healing us I believe.

What is the method of a tank surviving the second and third inhales? After the first inhale, is one of the raid healers supposed to switch to tank healing for the second and third inhales and then switch back to raid healing after the pungent blight?

Be sure your tank healer (the pally in your case) is in melee so he/she doesnt end up getting vile gass and is unable to heal because he/she is vomiting all over the place.

Demongate
01-12-2010, 07:18 AM

/cast Divine Sacrifice

- Gas enters room

Thanks for this advice Trexokor, we used the 2 group split instead of 3 and found the spores much easier to deal with.

We used 2 tanks, 5 heals and the rest dps, downed him with 6 seconds to spare.

Gyphon
01-12-2010, 10:38 AM
As the poster above, thanks for your advice Trexokor, I do have a question though. You mention SPreists should never have to get Inoculated as Dispersion covers the damage. What about other cooldowns like Deterrence (Hunters) Ice Block (Mage) or is it only Damage Reducing cooldowns that work?

Wunhunglo
01-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Edited: Upon further review of the logs, the spores DO NOT do damage to the boss. I stupidly saw damage done by myself and assumed it was to the boss. After reviewing the text line by line, the damage done was referring to friendly fire.

Sorry for any confusion.

Notawatacula
01-14-2010, 12:21 AM
*snippet*

Just wanted to personally thank Trexokor for all the advice in his post. We went from a couple 50% runs last week with sloppy starts using the 3 group strat to 2-shotting him tonight.

We had 3 spriests, 3 hunters, and 2 locks stay outside (1 for safety).

Three cheers for Trexokor! :)

PatrikL
01-14-2010, 06:38 AM

First about the healers I would say yes, either have a raid healer switch to healing tank or bring two tank healers instead (one of them will do some raid healing before the tank takes too much damage and then switch to the tank only after the third inhale (and possibly after the second also).

Also if I remember the fight correctly the tank swap at 9 stacks of Gastric Bloat will come in the middle of the period after the third inhale. This would mean that the first tank can use his strongest defensive cd for the first half of that period (when festergut does double the damage) and the second tank tank use his strongest cd when he takes over. Only ever tanked as a DK so I would use Icebound Fortitude which depending on your defense would decrease the damage by closer to 50%. I use use my other cds between inhale 1 and inhale 2.

I takes a bit of practise to get it right and except for all the other things like spores, tank using their cds at the right moment and the total raid dps actually beeing high enough I think this fight is most challangeing for the healers since they have to shift their focus from healing the raid to healing the tank more and more, and then back again on raid when Festergut exhales.

OTP
01-14-2010, 07:04 PM
Firstly, thanks guys, this has helped a great deal. Secondly to all you whiny little gurls; Who cares if he jumps? The point of this video is to help YOU and me understand and clear this content! get over it.

blindpiggy
01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Didn't see if someone had posted this, but after a few attempts last night, has anyone tried army of the dead during the 3rd inhale to minimize tank damage?

Boss is definitely tauntable, and having 2 dks (1 for each 3rd inhale) you could wipe out any time without full cds up on the current tank. Just an idea, and I have no idea if it will help, with 90% attack speed he could take 5 or 6 seconds on them, but it's 5 or 6 seconds the tank isn't taking damage.

Surmaaja
01-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Army wont taunt boss level mobs.

Predakhan
01-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Army wont taunt boss level mobs.

No but you are supposed to take reduced damage while channeling army. Not sure if that is what the poster had in mind or not.

Lakshata
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
YouTube - Impervious - Chromaggus Festergut 10-man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgIn0a9tC-c)

Here's a video of healing from my point of view(Resto Shaman), I'm in the melee group so you don't see a lot of ranged action.

Trexokor
01-17-2010, 06:28 AM
As the poster above, thanks for your advice Trexokor, I do have a question though. You mention SPreists should never have to get Inoculated as Dispersion covers the damage. What about other cooldowns like Deterrence (Hunters) Ice Block (Mage) or is it only Damage Reducing cooldowns that work?

Apologies for the late response.

Immunities work just fine. After reading Deterrence's description, I don't know if that would work. I suppose that'd be something to test. I know Ice Block and Divine Shield do, though.

Anyone and everyone with damage reduction abilities of any sort should be using them on Pungent Blight, whether it be enhance shamans saving Shamanistic Rage for it or priests saving Dispersion for it.

Our mages typically follow the mechanics of the fight up until the first Pungent Blight, then ignore it, using Ice Block for the second for better Heroism uptime (since Heroism is used directly after the third Gas Spore goes out, the second time, for a full 40 seconds right before enrage).

Toshik
01-17-2010, 12:05 PM
After reading Deterrence's description, I don't know if that would work. I suppose that'd be something to test. I know Ice Block and Divine Shield do, though.

Could any hunter confirm please if Deterrence actually works on Pungent Blight?

peter_poulsen
01-19-2010, 02:27 AM
double post

peter_poulsen
01-19-2010, 02:27 AM

Agreed.. I had to give up watching the movie because of the jumping.

Lil'Knuckle
01-19-2010, 07:31 AM
All this gas reminds me of an ex =P downed fester on 10 with a pug the night it came out very simple fight for the attentive.

drukeh
01-20-2010, 05:17 AM
"In 10 man this was very simple just spread out and then collpase onto the tank/melee when the spores go up.

This fight requires switching of the healing focus. At first it requires heavy raid heals and as he inhales the gas the focus switches to the tank heals....."

firstly, trash was a breeze: ty to tankspot and forum posts for the tremendous insight...

in our 10-man pug, we decided to tackle Festergut first...

we tried two different strats...

strat one had one spore heading to a spot in the ranged--worked well and brought him down to just under 4% before enrage but wasnt good enough because we were losing a decent amount of dps trying to find the spore to move to...in this strat, we were also popping heroism at the 3 min enrage warning...we decided to switch it up a little....

in strat two, we had everyone go into Festegut's hitbox (posterior side) everytime spores were released....we counted about 8 seconds from when they spawn to when they popped giving us the 2-stack debuff...

we positioned the range within 5-10 yrds of melee, in a half-circle behind Festergut...range was also staggered 5-10 yrds away from each other to avoid the "vomitting" stuns...

this distance faired well as little time was lost in dpsing Festergut...the 8 secs gave us more than enough time to move into melee range and continue dpsing the boss before the spores popped...

it also guaranteed everyone had the debuff needed for the gas respawn, and made it easier on the healers....

the lock utilized the Demon portal to transport back and forth, so dps was rarely lost...

we also had the healers throw a few dots on the boss whenever they had a chance....this mere 300-600 dps added the extra-kick to ensure we'd beat the enrage timer...

heroism was popped with 1-1.5 mins of enrage...give or take just after the second inhalation...

this strat worked wonders and made this fight extremely easy...

the dps ranged from 5-7k

our 10-man pug make-up:
1 ele shammy
1 warlock (dest)
1 mage (arc)
1 rogue (as)
1 ret pally
1 prot pally (ot)
1 prot war (mt)
1 holy pally
1 holy priest
1 resto shammy

Charliemrphy
01-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Looking for some advice here on healing/tanks 25 man fester. We're running 5 healers , 2 hpallys 2 shamans 1 resto druid on Fester w/ decent dps and tanks above 52k buffed.

I'm one of the hpallys and I'm not "ridiculously" geared but im near 4k sp w/ procs and 40k mana. We make good progress through the first 9 stacks of debuff ( 2 tanks) , and into the switch of the 2nd tank. Here our tanks are dying constantly from multiple 30k+ hits in a 2 second time frame.
I'm fine on mana at this point w/ around 52% , and I havent stopped casting chain holy lights. Sacred shield and the associated hot are up on the tank , and I've even tried saving Divine Illumination / wings for this part. At this time I'm critting the tank with well over 25k holy lights with around 19% casting haste. The tanks are dropping dead here and I , nor my tanks can figure out what the deal is.

From what I've read here, he "shouldnt" be hitting that hard w/ debuffs and everyone is getting the 3 stacks of immunity.

Any ideas on wtf is going wrong here? It seems like two holy pallys should have zero problem here, yet the tanks are taking 60k in the time it takes me to cast 1 holy light.

Scrubnbubble
01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
In the guide for Precious and Stinky, what add-on was that paladin using?

Quinafoi
01-22-2010, 12:11 AM
In the guide for Precious and Stinky, what add-on was that paladin using?

Given that they are using somewhere between 20 and 50 addons, you would have to be more specific. However, it is Lore... so check http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lores-ui.html

Scrubnbubble
01-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Given that they are using somewhere between 20 and 50 addons, you would have to be more specific. However, it is Lore... so check http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lores-ui.html
I didn't see it on his UI, but it's the one that is telling him which attack to use as a ret paladin. Directly in the middle of the screen in the video.

Quinafoi
01-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I didn't see it on his UI, but it's the one that is telling him which attack to use as a ret paladin. Directly in the middle of the screen in the video.

Faceroller RetPaladin
Faceroller RetPaladin : WoWInterface Downloads : Paladin (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14925-Faceroller_RetPaladin.html)

YouTube - [Addon] Faceroller_RetPaladin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-z7iMBDRFA)

Veritas
01-22-2010, 01:04 AM
He covered it briefly in his weekly Marmot, it's called clcret.

Quinafoi
01-22-2010, 01:32 AM
Sorry, you are correct it is clcret. Big difference is clcret will show two buttons (next cast, and after next cast) where as Faceroller will only show you one (next cast).

kingcomrade
01-25-2010, 02:49 AM
Ok I need help understanding the fight mechanics a little bit, or at least how to deal with them.

You have 3 players at range. You want everyone to have 3 stacks of spores. Festergut casts a spell which can make the melee ranged group puke due to its AoE if there are not 3 people at range who can be targetted. So, two issues. The first is:

If one ranged gets the spore, how do the other ranged get the spores? Does everyone have to run in to the middle?

If the ranged with spore (or all ranged) is running to the melee group, there are no longer 3 people at range and the melee group might get puked on.

How do you deal with these two issues?

Foolish
01-25-2010, 08:23 AM
If one ranged gets a spore, all 3 pile onto that spore until it goes off, then they spread back out. The other spore is in melee and fine then.

If 2 melee get a spore, 1 of those melee needs to run to the ranged and they all pile on him until it goes off, then the melee returns to the boss. If you are using DBM, it will put an X and Skull marker, just designate ahead of time which one runs out if they are both in melee range to avoid confursion.

If 2 ranged get a spore, one of them needs to move into the melee group until it goes off. I haven't noticed him cast Vile Gas during spores on 10m, so we just leave only 2 ranged out if that happens, but maybe we've just been lucky. If you do that, the ranged that ran in needs it get back out *very* quickly after spore goes off. Otherwise you can have a healer or melee go to the ranged spore.

Quinafoi
01-25-2010, 01:09 PM
In 10 man version of the encounter I find it easier to have the 3 ranged just collapse into melee to get the innoculated. Just have the two spores stand one or slightly behind the tank, and the other on or slightly behind the melee DPS at the back of the boss. No one should be in the middle of the boss and get hit by both spores. Once the sport explodes, you have 8 seconds to run back out to range before he will use Vile Gas. If both are on the melee side, one of them moves over to the tank side of the boss. If both are on the tanks, the inactive tank moves to behind the boss by the melee DPS. Having the 3 ranged people move 10 yards to get in range of the spores on melee or tanks is just as easy as having them collapse from 10 yards apart onto a ranged spot. Only difference is you never have to worry about 2 in melee and needing one of them to stop DPS and run out.

Lordstr
01-25-2010, 03:50 PM
I just want to make sure of something,
In 10 man you only need 3 range so the melee doesn't start puking?

rampage2435
01-25-2010, 04:55 PM
wat's your addon for the 25man, your floating damge text, anyone know please ssay so quickly

Kazeyonoma
01-26-2010, 11:47 AM
I think his floating combat text is Mik's Scrolling Battle Text from what I can tell in his fury tutorial videos.

Quinafoi
01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
I just want to make sure of something,
In 10 man you only need 3 range so the melee doesn't start puking?

3 ranged in 10 man.
7 ranged in 25 man.

Scrubnbubble
01-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Faceroller RetPaladin
Faceroller RetPaladin : WoWInterface Downloads : Paladin (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14925-Faceroller_RetPaladin.html)

YouTube - [Addon] Faceroller_RetPaladin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-z7iMBDRFA)

tyvm

Belon
01-30-2010, 05:06 AM
can i get the add on for the first video on top listed ??? a pack is better...

Belon
01-30-2010, 05:13 AM
ok got it : http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?41095-Ciderhelm-UI-Information thanks

Quinafoi
01-30-2010, 12:30 PM
ok got it : http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?41095-Ciderhelm-UI-Information thanks

Ciderhelm posted the topic, however the video is by someone else. In the video text it will say who it is from in the introduction. For example,
"Welcome back to the Icecrown raid guide. My name is darksend..." is the start of the 10 man Festergut video. If that was the one you wanted, you'd want Darksend's UI. The first video is the 25 man version which is by Thegreatme, so you'd want Thegreatme's UI.

dawnforth
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
hello there,

thanks for all the comments so far. i think our small guild has a much better chance this coming week knowing this stuff.

talking just 10man raid:
1] i understand to have tanks switch at 8 stacks. does this mean that the first tank will still be gaining stacks when festergut casts pungent blight? i guess i just don't know the timing of the fight very well.
2] vile gas. does it always hit three ranged? so, say for example i have three ranged dps and three healers in a raid. is it best to just have all three healers stack in the center [on the boss]? do the range still have to spread out if there are only three of them?

thank you for your time.
fun fight!
~dawnforth

Quinafoi
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
talking just 10man raid:
1] i understand to have tanks switch at 8 stacks. does this mean that the first tank will still be gaining stacks when festergut casts pungent blight? i guess i just don't know the timing of the fight very well.

Your second tank will be taking the first three stack phase. Your first tank will be tanking again during the second three stack phase. As a very general approximation, each tank tanks for 3 parts of the transition. Bare in mind this is just an approximation, but in practice it will look something like this.

So first tank is 0, 1 and 2 inhales.
Tank two takes over for 3, 0, and 1 inhales.
Tank one tanks for 2, 3, and 0 inhales.
Tank two tanks to berserk timer.

2] vile gas. does it always hit three ranged? so, say for example i have three ranged dps and three healers in a raid. is it best to just have all three healers stack in the center [on the boss]? do the range still have to spread out if there are only three of them?

He doesn't hit three targets, he picks one in 10 man. He picks 3 in 25 man. You require 3 targets at range (7 for 25 man) though for him to pick from, otherwise melee targets are included in the possible targets. If all your melee and healers are taking damage and confused, the raid wipes without healing. If you only have two targets at range, you have a about a one third chance of him picking a melee target, thus causing you to wipe. In theory, you could still luck out and have him pick the ranged every time with fewer than three targets, though do you really want to put the success of the raid on a gamble? Because if he does pick a melee target, it's all over.

And yes, it's best to have your healers in melee if you can afford to have them there so that the they don't become confused and unable to heal. If you don't have three ranged DPS however you require a third body at range and that will likely be from your healers. Simply because you can survive one healer being unable to heal, you can't survive all three healers being unable to heal.

Vile gas hits an area. Everyone in the targeted area gets the debuff. They all start vomitting and dealing damage to everyone else nearby and also are unable to do any other actions. So if people are grouped, they all get hit, they are all dealing damage to each other, and none of them can do anything about it. This is why you never want him hitting the melee, because then all of the healers are incapacitated at the same time, your tanks can't survive 3 seconds without heals during 3rd inhale, you can't expect them to last 6 seconds.

phaze
02-01-2010, 04:58 PM

The only player gaining stacks of Gastric Bloat will be Festergut's current threat target. Once your first tank switches off to DPS, they stop getting more stacks.

Pungent Blight is completely separate from the Gastric Bloat stacking.

Yes, and yes. Space your ranged players far enough apart so that they don't share Vile Gas, and have them collapse for picking up their spore innoculations.

Satyra
02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for an awesome video as always!

My guild had our first attempt on festergut 25 yesterday, and we found it to be a bit messy.

First of all we had all our ranged spread in a semi circle around the boss, and the raid healers in a semi circle between the ranged and the melee.

What we did, we had our raid healers run into the melee grp to get the buff from there, and the ranged all standing intop of eachother with 2 spores. Might be why we failed.

There are some things I would like to point out according the fight though. At the first spore spawns when the damage is at the highest point to the raid, moving to one of the spore ranged grps as a healer seems pretty chaotic in my point of wiev. Might not be that harsh as I think, but isn't it hard to run to spore when the raid needs alot of heals? This is just directed to the first spore spawn since the 2nd, and 3d spawn will be easier on the raidhealing.

Another thing with the spores is the 2 grps of ranged. Did you assign where ppl should move or should you just run to the ranged grp that is closest to you at the time?
Also if all the ranged and healers has to move during the spore spawns wont it take much out of the dps, since the fight is basically a dps race.

I as a healer found that the healing is insane when you have to move around at the spore shift, and that's why we used the tactic with running to the melees instead of the ranged.
Is there a certain thing to keep in mind while the raid-healers move for the spores to keep people up, cause it seems very messy atleast when the first spores spawns.

And lastly, if the tankhealer is standing near the melee, isn't there a chance that he will get vile gas and dmg the whole melee grp (especially as we had all our healers run to the melee grp it should be a biger chance for vile gas to mess up the melee grp that way)?

We got him down to 30% before we wiped, could be gear-problem, but we also had some trouble with the spores.

Just that the healing seems really chaotic when all of the healers have to run for spores, cause during that time the raid wont get any heals except from the healers that can cast while running. Any suggestions? :/

/ Sat~

Endugu
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM

If you are honestly gonna complain about him jumping, go to a different website. My god.

Dernasil
02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
@ Lore

What addon or macro u use when you are dpsing xD, its imba xD

Greetz,

Dernasil

agranyoch
02-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Just that the healing seems really chaotic when all of the healers have to run for spores, cause during that time the raid wont get any heals except from the healers that can cast while running. Any suggestions? :/

/ Sat~
Stack healers in melee range, so they never have to move for anything. Having 7-8 ppl at range is enough to keep Vile Gas out of melee.

Quinafoi
02-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Stack healers in melee range, so they never have to move for anything. Having 7-8 ppl at range is enough to keep Vile Gas out of melee.

To elaborate on that.

In 25 man, you require only 7 targets at range in order for Vile Gas to not hit a melee target. So it is optimal if you only have 7 people stand at range. Everyone else should be in the melee, including healers. Healers if they stand in the melee then they never have to move to get a spore, however, if they themselves have a spore may still be required to move if they need to get that spore to the ranged group. Vile Gas is always cast 8 seconds after the spore pops (2 seconds after the debuff is over). This means ranged has 8 seconds to spread back out after collapsing. The only reason you would ever consider having a healer stand at ranged is if your raid did not have at least 7 ranged DPS, or if one of the ranged DPS dies. However, even in this context, the healer should be positioned on the point where the ranged is to collapse to. The healer shouldn't move, the DPS would move. Having multiple healers at range is likely too risky in general because if more than one is incapacitated by Vile Gas at a time it could result in a tank death, you may be able to get by with 1 healer dazed, but 2 or 3 is really pushing your luck. Since you only need 7 targets at range, if you have more ranged DPS than 7, your highest non-hunter ranged DPS should move into melee. Reason being is if you can prevent your top end caster DPS from being dazed, it will increase your overall raid DPS as well. However they need to be aware that if someone at range dies at any point in the encounter, they have to move out to range before the next Vile Gas to ensure there are still 7 ranged targets.

Dimness
02-12-2010, 01:49 AM
I have tanked Festergut as a Druid, Pally, and a DK. Hopefully when I get my warrior up to snuff I can bring her into ICC as well.

I have cleared Festergut with a druid and a pally, but even with 3 healers my DK simply can't manage to survive the encounter. And in all wipes my DK dies because all of my CD's are on CD so to speak. To anybody that's cleared this encounter with a DK tank, is there a set way I'm supposed to use my CD's? I normally die around the end of the 2nd inhale/beginning of the 3rd.

phaze
02-12-2010, 07:25 AM
And in all wipes my DK dies because all of my CD's are on CD so to speak. To anybody that's cleared this encounter with a DK tank, is there a set way I'm supposed to use my CD's? I normally die around the end of the 2nd inhale/beginning of the 3rd.

Save your important cooldown(s) for the start of the 3rd inhale, and use your lesser cooldowns during the 2nd inhale or after the big cooldown ends during 3rd inhale. If the healers can't keep you up during 2nd inhale with just the smaller cooldowns active, they need to step it up. Also, make use of external cooldowns from priests (PS (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33206), GS (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47788)) and paladins (DS (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64205)) to help keep you alive when your big cooldown drops off. There might be other external cooldowns that can help too, but those are the ones we use to boost tank survival.

Bissadin
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
In the 10 man version what kind of DPS should the DPS be pulling if you are running 2 tanks/3 healers set up? Wondering if that was the problems with my guild not being able to put him down.

phaze
02-13-2010, 09:46 AM
In the 10 man version what kind of DPS should the DPS be pulling if you are running 2 tanks/3 healers set up? Wondering if that was the problems with my guild not being able to put him down.

From another thread (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?62192-Simple-question-Festergut-vs-Rotface&p=363406#post363406):

32k rDPS is what you need. 5.5k from your damagers and 2.5k from your tanks (yay Bloat stacks) is enough to drop Festergut by the enrage timer.

Bissadin
02-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks Phaze

Pierrick
02-20-2010, 07:37 AM
It may have been answered before, and I apologize for asking again if it has, but in watching the 10 man video, I noticed the rogue was jumping around almost constantly, and it seemed a couple other of the DPS may have been doing the same.

Is there actually any point to it?

Quinafoi
02-20-2010, 11:52 AM
It may have been answered before, and I apologize for asking again if it has, but in watching the 10 man video, I noticed the rogue was jumping around almost constantly, and it seemed a couple other of the DPS may have been doing the same.

Is there actually any point to it?

They are tired of hitting the bosses ankle and want to kick him in the butt instead.
No, there is no actual point to it.

Shadoesbane
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
I could be wrong .. but has anyone tried the everyone collapse on boss with spores in 10 man .. im 95% sure that we all collapsed on the boss with spores in the ten man and then spread back out after they blow up and we had ourselves a one shot .. i dont think i was not paying attention that much :P .. i know i have done it the other way with ranged spore and melee spore .. but the collapse strat seemd to be much easier .. and succesful. any thoughts?

Quinafoi
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I could be wrong .. but has anyone tried the everyone collapse on boss with spores in 10 man .. im 95% sure that we all collapsed on the boss with spores in the ten man and then spread back out after they blow up and we had ourselves a one shot .. i dont think i was not paying attention that much :P .. i know i have done it the other way with ranged spore and melee spore .. but the collapse strat seemd to be much easier .. and succesful. any thoughts?

My 10 man has one spore on the tank side, one on the melee DPS side. Ranged collapse into melee because Vile Gas casts 8 seconds after the spore explodes (2 seconds after the debuff ends and you gain an innoculation stack). This is plenty of time to get back to range and the method works well for a 10 man. In 10 man this makes more sense in general, rather than having melee run out to give the spore to ranged (where the melee can't do anything anymore), have the ranged move in becuase they can still be effective at point blank range. In 25 man we actually use a similar method, however we have one ranged spore point and two on the boss (one on the back, one on the tank side).

vaelereal
02-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Hello me and my guild are havign quite the problem with festergut. Everything seems to be going fine in the first 30 seconds or so but then for some god aweful reason everyone dies!! we understand what we are supposed to do, We have 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps. We have two groups, Group one is ranged with one healer, Group two is tank and melee with two healers. If i recall right i dont think we make it long enough to even get a spore debuff. There is not an ill geared person in this raid mind you. Everyone is moderately geared for this encounter but we cannot figure why we die so soon.

Quinafoi
02-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Hello me and my guild are havign quite the problem with festergut. Everything seems to be going fine in the first 30 seconds or so but then for some god aweful reason everyone dies!! we understand what we are supposed to do, We have 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps. We have two groups, Group one is ranged with one healer, Group two is tank and melee with two healers. If i recall right i dont think we make it long enough to even get a spore debuff. There is not an ill geared person in this raid mind you. Everyone is moderately geared for this encounter but we cannot figure why we die so soon.

Instant wipes on this encounter are almost always caused by Vile Gas hitting more than one person.
You need at least 3 targets at range that have to be spread out at least 10 yards apart. If you don't have sufficient targets at range, he can cast Vile Gas on the melee, effectively dazing and killing the entire group because healers are also dazed. This can also happen if the ranged misgauge their distance from the boss because when the boss is pulled he moves out of the center and unless the tank repositions it in the center the raid would need to compensate. Everyone moving into melee needs to move in as soon as possible, you can't afford to have a Vile Gas targeted at any of them because they ran in too slowly at the start. The first Vile Gas is cast right after the room fills with gas which is a few seconds (about 5 seconds, give or take) after the encounter starts.

There are three aspects to the encounter.
1. Damage shifting, cooldown timing. Damage shifts from raid damage to tank damage. Healers need to compensate and cooldowns need to be timed.
2. Collapse/Spread mechanic. Spore forces you to collapse, however 8 seconds after it explodes (6 seconds after the debuff ends) Vile Gas is cast so you have 8 seconds to reset to your spread out position.
3. Hard enrage timer. First true DPS check of the instance, next is Blood Queen.

vaelereal
02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Thats exactly what i needed! i do have a question or two. When festergut casts vile gas does he do this towards a random raid member, Or is it to the furtherest raid member away from him?

Akeber
02-23-2010, 10:52 AM
When festergut casts vile gas does he do this towards a random raid member, Or is it to the furtherest raid member away from him?

Random raid memeber at range, provided there are at least three at range. The specific distance from the boss does not play a factor.

Kazeyonoma
02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
3 for 10 man, 7 for 25 i think.

Meldwyn
02-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Guild tried this encounter for the first time last night (having done plenty of research and reading this entire thread with notebook and pen in hand). I knew it would be a learning experience due to some of the complexity of each class and the movement involved. Best attempt was about 59%. We learned a lot, but one big reason for not getting further was that I was being wiped out (warrior tank with about 47K health buffed) during the 3rd inhale phase.

Question: I am burning several cooldowns during this phase including Shield Block, Shield Wall, Trinkets, and drinking an indestructable potion, but the healers still couldn't keep me alive. The healers know I am tanking that part, and there should be at least two healers on me at that point, but they can't keep up with the back to back to back 22K hits on me. Any thoughts as to a better strategy to keep me alive during this part of the fight? We did make it past this once, but a portion of the raid died on the ensuing exhale of the gas back in to the room, which started the domino effect of deaths. Should I be timing my defensive CD's better or in a particular order? Is a warrior tank too squishy for the third inhale phase? Are there other mechanics that the healers should be employing (disc priest, druid, holy pally).

The other tank is a Pally with about 45K health buffed.

Thanks!

Darksend
02-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Have the weaker tank go first. Have them take 4 stacks and have the stronger tank taunt. Let that tank go do 9 stacks. Then have the weak tank do 9, then have the strong tank take it back. By doing this the same tank will take both 3 stacks.

phaze
02-24-2010, 07:06 AM
The healers know I am tanking that part, and there should be at least two healers on me at that point, but they can't keep up with the back to back to back 22K hits on me. Any thoughts as to a better strategy to keep me alive during this part of the fight?

47k buffed health is sufficient for this encounter. You need to get your healers to heal faster. They need to understand how important it is to keep the tank topped off with big heals. Also, there's no raid-wide damage during 3rd inhale, so the raid healer(s) should be helping keep the tank up as well.

We did make it past this once, but a portion of the raid died on the ensuing exhale of the gas back in to the room, which started the domino effect of deaths.

Make sure the raid is topped off before the exhale finishes its cast (he has a cast timer for it, so have the healers know when it finishes). And remind the healers that the fight is cyclical: once he exhales, you start over with lots of raid healing and some average tank healing.

Make sure the raid is popping health pots/healthstones as needed, in case they get low during this transition (especially a ranged player who just took a puke).

Another possible problem is that some aren't getting 3 stacks of Innoculation; that makes the transition very very difficult. Set up your UI so you can see the debuff stacks on everyone. If someone doesn't have 3 stacks before the exhale, call them on it.

Should I be timing my defensive CD's better or in a particular order? Is a warrior tank too squishy for the third inhale phase? Are there other mechanics that the healers should be employing (disc priest, druid, holy pally).

Our team has 2 Prot Warriors, who each take a max-inhale period. They lead off the 3rd Inhale with Shield Wall / Last Stand, and then they announce when it's about to run out. That's when an external cooldown is applied:

Also, make use of external cooldowns from priests (PS (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33206), GS (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47788)) and paladins (DS (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64205)) to help keep you alive when your big cooldown drops off. There might be other external cooldowns that can help too, but those are the ones we use to boost tank survival.

Meldwyn
02-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks! will apply these suggestions this week!

moongate
03-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Anyone can tell me is it worthwhile to ignore the spore totally in 2nd round to maximize dps to beat the enrage time? Our try ended like 10 sec after the 2nd blight and got wiped cos of the hard enrage. It looked like we still need 20-30 sec to nuke the boss after the 2nd blight. So i wonder if we don't move after 1st blight and just stand there dps, we may have a chance.

Any thoughts?

Quinafoi
03-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Anyone can tell me is it worthwhile to ignore the spore totally in 2nd round to maximize dps to beat the enrage time? Our try ended like 10 sec after the 2nd blight and got wiped cos of the hard enrage. It looked like we still need 20-30 sec to nuke the boss after the 2nd blight. So i wonder if we don't move after 1st blight and just stand there dps, we may have a chance.

Any thoughts?

If you can kill him before the second blight, by all means ignore the second set of spores (except to make sure that people don't get hit by 2, such as 2 in the melee). If you can't kill him before the blight, you have to still get innoculated. Ranged DPS will be around 2-4% more effective if they don't have to move on the second set of spores, however if that small gain in DPS isn't enough to kill the boss before the blight, you will kill your entire raid in the blight for not stacking the innoculation.

blindpiggy
03-09-2010, 07:53 AM
If you're still having problems with this encounter as far as dps goes, here's a little suggestion I got from browsing really high dps on festergut. One of the top pve feral druids is Neemu of Lightbringer, I've run into him on several occasions when I've searched for up time for feral druid abilities to compare to our druids.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d9gudo37344c0pq5/sum/damageDone/?s=3448&e=3698#Neemu

What this world of logs shows is 3 tanks being used. An altered feral dps spec picking up what he needs for not taking crits ect would be needed. However the way it looks like he does it, is this.

Druid DPSer takes the boss first, likely through the first inhale ~6 stacks.
First tank taunts off and tanks through the 2nd and 3rd inhale.
After the reset, pungent blight or w/e it's called, the druid taunts back and gets the final 3 to put them at 9.

Druid will likely need to blow all his/her cds early in the fight during the first inhale when they would be getting hit the hardest.
If your dps is way behind may want to just to up to 8 so you can refresh again later to keep it up for the whole fight, but I think you should be good.
You should get ~4:30 second uptime doing 9 first.

The second tank taunts and tanks until the boss is dead or until 9.
If the boss isn't dead the first tank taunts, his debuffs will have cleared and can tank again, until the end of the boss.

Now what this does is gives a feral dps, the highest dps spec for stationary fights a huge buff. Neemu, who is probably the best feral druid out there, is shred critting for 27k on average. If you have a DK hysteria should be used each time the druid goes into cat form.

If you want to max dps you should probably wait to use heroism/bloodlust until after the second 1-inhale phase (after the druid has 9 stack and is dpsing again).

TL;DR

Druid DPS tanks for 6 gastric bloats, just before the 2nd inhale.
Druid DPS tanks again after the Pungent blight through the time with 0 inhales up until 9 stack of gastric bloat.
Heroism/Bloodlust after druid gets 9 stack of gastric bloat.

Good luck!

sgosink
03-10-2010, 05:57 AM
I know as a holy priest I am usually also with the melee for most fights the TBAG position. This facilitates not only raid heals but me getting the spores as well. I keep an eye on the two tanks we have doing this fight and the raid in general with my aoe coh healing as well as POM.

sgosink
03-10-2010, 06:03 AM
No it dont matter which spore you go to. I have seen it said earlier in this line of posts that range collapes in on themselves when there is a spore. This works for us and then they spread back out. In the event that two spores are in the melee group or in the range group it needs to be understood who will go to the other group ie melee to range or the opposite.

Flodweann
03-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Hey guys, I've been a regular reader of Tankspot but just signed up. /wave

Tonight my 10-man guild and I went back into ICC to try the new quarter. On an attempt before we downed him, I discovered something that caused our wipe. Throughout all the attempts before, while my paladin tank partner was tanking Festergut and I was waiting for the stacking debuff to wear off, I was regularly intervening to absorb a hit and relieve some damage on him. At one point I had about 50 seconds left on the debuff when I intervened. A few seconds later I noticed I had 9 stacks of the debuff (up from 8) and a 2 min duration again. I can't confirm this (and I'm not sure how the debuff is applied), but my only explanation is that my intervene intercepted the debuff-applying attack. So, something to check out and be aware of.

Well, I play a feral druid, so i don't have any ability similar to intervene, but i have noticed the same thing happen to me, and the only explanation i can think of is the fact that the stacking buff on tanks, increases damage, which increases threat, so i was doing almost double damage when i was not trying to do so and pulled threat off the other tank.

Quinafoi
03-13-2010, 10:33 AM
first off, thanks for another great video and guide. it helped reaffirm some of the mechanics on the little/big oozes that we had trouble with on our first couple attempts.

question re: the described 10-man strat: does gastric bloat on the tanks get applied every 10 seconds and last for 100 seconds as it does in 25? if so, how can the tanks switch at 8 stacks? if i'm thinking this through correctly, tank 1 takes 8 stacks x 10 seconds = 80 seconds. tank 2 taunts, and takes 8 stacks x 10 seconds = 80 seconds. if the debuff lasts for 100 seconds and assuming it's refreshed with each new stack, that means that tank 1 still has about 20 seconds of debuff left with 8 stacks when he has to taunt back. on the 9th stack, it will now be at 100 seconds again, no? there must be something i'm missing since Darksend said that's the way they did it...

Intervene (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=3411)
The ability itself lowers the threat of the target. You're intentionally droping the threat of the other tank. If you're both at equal threat, and you drop them by 10%, then you just pulled aggro because you're above the 110% melee threshold. You should only ever apply threat reductions to the tank that is no longer actually tanking.

Well, I play a feral druid, so i don't have any ability similar to intervene, but i have noticed the same thing happen to me, and the only explanation i can think of is the fact that the stacking buff on tanks, increases damage, which increases threat, so i was doing almost double damage when i was not trying to do so and pulled threat off the other tank.

Hand of Salvation (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=1038)
Use on the tank that just was tanking prior to the switch.

Rennadrel
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
The differences between Festergut on 10 man and 25 man are not much different aside from getting more people situated properly for when the spores spawn, otherwise it's a joke of a fight on 10 man that most players can do in a single attempt if they know the strategy and pay attention to who gets the spores. In 25 man it's a huge DPS race PLUS you have to deal with having 3 groups for spores and keeping people together on the designated stacking player who should remain in one position until everyone has the Inoculation debuff. The problem is you have 12 seconds to literally haul ass to one position and then move back out before he makes the ranged vomit all over each other which is possibly the most difficult mechanic of the fight. The high DPS requirement in 25 man is a little bit much, my guild honestly has had far better progress with Rotface then we have Festergut, the best we can do on Fester is 19% before enrage currently, however we are possibly going to be recruiting some high end DPS as well which can make things a lot easier.

Tralsel
03-14-2010, 05:21 AM
what addons are you using?

Vong
05-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Our guild killed him last night with 3 seconds left on enrage timer and As timer stopped (boss was dead and falling to floor) 21 our 25 raiders where killed leaving the 2 tanks and 2 melée left alive. Then whole raid was dc'd and onrelog where back at start with all the adds inthw wing back up alive. So rogue sneaked in and boss had vanished along with our loot etc.
Anyone else experienced this? We have a ticket open but as usual still no gm to speak too.
We got the credit for the kill but not much else. That enrage timer is very much a gear check.

Rennadrel
05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Never seen that before. How can you not kill him with at least 1 minute on the enrage left though? With 15% it's a push over fight now and should be a one shot for most groups on 25 man.

Vong
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
It was a mixed run with another guild tbh and only our 3rd ever attempt so we where still getting too many players standing too close and getting sick etc. So we where pleased to kill him tbh but pissed as he'll with the dc bug lol. Still another one off the list and next time I'm pretty sure it will be go in kill him loot.......next!

Quinafoi
05-03-2010, 08:03 AM
What you are describing is not a disconnect, but rather the instance server itself crashed forcing a soft reset of all instances. If you had just disconnected, the body wouldn't have despawned and trash respawned that quickly (unless you were all offline for half an hour). There is significant difference between a disconnect, and not having something to connect to.

Regennil
05-15-2010, 12:02 AM
on the stinky/precious video what is the addon you are using that gives you the next spell in your rotation automatically?

Dunruinadin
07-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Im tankspot illiterate. Wheres the flipping DL for the vid?

Quinafoi
07-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Im tankspot illiterate. Wheres the flipping DL for the vid?

In the tankspot donors section. You need donor status in order to download the videos.

Deathsentence586
07-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I noticed in the third video, maybe around the dead-center of the screen, it showed a small box with a new spell/attack in it, almost constantly changing, I'm assuming that it was telling u which spell/attack to use next. If that's an Addon, can I ask which it would be?

Dunruinadin
07-13-2010, 06:19 AM
Ya, I tried tanking this on my pally and i guess the DPS just wasnt there.. wither that or healers were fail. we did the strategy you talked about and wiped after about 2 minutes everytime. Our MT with 65k health was 1 shoted at about 6 stacks. Tried the whole 8 stacks thing and didnt work. any other suggestions? But the upside to it once the MT was down I picke up festergut and did hit my Forst badge trinket CD after that hit my 245 Trinket CD and seem to last alot longer then the MT. but couldnt really bubble since well i was the only tank left. But yea i see 2 pallies on this fight going pretty far.

Vyndir
07-17-2010, 08:28 PM
3 things:

1. If you only used 2 healers, then try using 3 as long as you still meet the dps requirement to down fester with one less dps.

2. If your first tank is dying at 6 stacks of gastric bloat then my guess is that the healers are not focusing on him enough during that part of the encounter and/or your mt was not using any defensive cd's. At 6 stacks of gastric bloat on the tank, fester should have 2 stacks of inhaled blight. This means that raid damage will be relatively low while tank damage is getting to be quite high. If the first tank is going to use any cd's, then the best time would be after fester gains his second stack of inhaled blight due to the increased tank damage. Your mt should not be afraid to use his cd's to survive since by the time he taunts fester back off of you, his defensive cd's should be almost, if not already, off cd(assuming he's a pally tank but this can apply to many other tank cd's as well).

3. Something I recommend getting if your still having a hard time surviving is the glyph of salvation which turns hand of salvation into a defensive cd when cast on yourself(reduces damage taken by 20%). And if your worried about losing threat due to hand of salvation, don't be, remember:

Stacks of gastric bloat = increased damage = increased threat = threat loss due to hand of salvation almost minimal

Travis2007
07-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I actually recently was OT on this boss but i guess once u taunt off and get stack kind of makes you a MT for time being. Anyway buffed out im at about 42K hp so not insanely high by any means but i am a little over def cap not that it makes a huge difference and dodge and parry isnt crazy either. It may juss be healing wasnt there or the people who had the curse or debuff whatever it was wasnt making it to whoever was MT in time to help with the damage. Also good dps helps a lot. Hope this helps.

shorelaran
08-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Last nite something strange happened to me @ 10m... while tanking fester, having like 5/6 stacks of gastric bloat, and at 2nd inhale i think.. my pally was like mind-controlled and vomiting some kind of orange substance... for like 7/8 seconds..... i lose aggro there... everything turned up confusing and we wiped.

Anyhow that was our first time there, we all are new at Wotlk raids.... maybe we missed something?... anyone seen something like that?

I'm also thinking it was a bug, or even my keyboard buged..... i just know it was my fault, but don't know what happend... we are gonna try it again tonight, but cant find anything about such a strange thing.

damnpatch
08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Last nite something strange happened to me @ 10m... while tanking fester, having like 5/6 stacks of gastric bloat, and at 2nd inhale i think.. my pally was like mind-controlled and vomiting some kind of orange substance... for like 7/8 seconds..... i lose aggro there... everything turned up confusing and we wiped.

Anyhow that was our first time there, we all are new at Wotlk raids.... maybe we missed something?... anyone seen something like that?

I'm also thinking it was a bug, or even my keyboard buged..... i just know it was my fault, but don't know what happend... we are gonna try it again tonight, but cant find anything about such a strange thing.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=69240

You need at least 3 at range on 10 man, 7 on 25 man.

shorelaran
08-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Thank you very much damnpatch,