PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Suggestions on a couple things?

Squirrelnut
12-31-2009, 09:07 AM
My armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Squirrelnut)

What should my next tier piece be?

Initially looking at the ICC lists I was planning on going with Head -> Chest -> Shoulders as the first few upgrades however I have happened to grab some alternative pieces and want to use my frost emblems as efficiently as possible
Since I replaced my T9 shoulders I am low on expertise (a huge shock after being near expertise hardcap in ToC) so I was leaning towards getting the T10 legs next to boost me back up around 26exp and of the 5 pieces my current legs are the lowest ilvl

What shield enchant should I use?

I am a huge fan of EH and health in general since it gives healers more breathing room, helps on caster fights, does ok on melee fights. However, with the T10 mechanics (2pc bonus) and other gear stats in ICC I am wondering if perhaps Titanium Plating may be the 'best' choice (obviously a relative term).

And another thing that isn't a question but I thought I would point out because I find it funny... my hit rating. A very short time ago I was down around 50 total hit because none of the ToC gear seemed to be optimized around it and I really didn't care since I glyphed for taunt. Now with some ICC upgrades I jumped up to 258 hit lol, bye bye taunt glyph and hello blocking :D

Aggathon
12-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Imo get all of the offset pieces before going for T10, T10 is fairly lackluster, if you do get T10 go with helm/shoulders.

Squirrelnut
01-04-2010, 07:37 AM
The 4pc bonus seems meh but the 2pc seems very nice as far as threat is concerned. The issue in my case is that the head/shoulders I was planning on getting I already upgraded to ilvl264 stuff that happened to drop so it would seem like a waste of emblems until more wings are open and I go for 4pc.

I expect the next thing for me will be legs to help get my expertise back over 26 and would be replacing an ilvl 251 piece since head/shoulder/chest/hands are all 264 or 258.

Eravian
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Very impressive gearing, Squirrelnut, probably some of the best I'd seen. If I was in your position, I'd probably go for Veridigris' Chain Belt or the Cataclysmic Chestguard next. Picking up the belt would net you an extra 800 armor and roughly 50 stamina, and the chestpiece would be similar, although I don't think the stam increase would be quiet as high.

Squirrelnut
01-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I would love to go for the belt/cloak but considering I already have 1pc T10 it seems like a waste to not get another tier piece for my 2pc bonus with my next purchase. The armor on some off-set pieces looks really nice but considering the fact that I have no survivability issues at the moment anyway it would seem like more of a benefit to improve my threat/damage output with 2pc.

I already scrapped my T9 2pc bonus and would love to improve my damage output with the boost to shield slam / shockwave. I am already glyphed for blocking and depending on how nice the T10 2pc bonus seems I might even consider replacing my Glyph of Shield Wall with a Glyph of Shockwave for a reduced cooldown (at least until heroic diff becomes available and we need shorter cooldowns). It would have a combined benefit of the shorter cooldown as well as the T10 damage bonus so I would improve in AoE threat where Prot Warriors lack the most.

Really it is a semantics issue right now because:
1. I don't have a problem with aggro and
2. I don't have a problem staying alive
I simply want to min/max my gear/glyphs as much as physically possible. I want to go beyond being 'able' to tank things as many Prot Warriors seem satisfied with. I want to use every possible feature and trick out there to bypass the Prot Warrior class disadvantages to out perform 90% of Pallys/Druids out there :P

Squirrelnut
01-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Dang I think I messed up. I should have gone with:

Head / Shoulders T10 2pc
Off set Chest/Legs/Hands for crazy amounts of armor =(

Anyone that hasn't wasted their emblems yet might want to consider this order because you still get the 2pc itemized for avoidence with def/dodge/parry and the amount of armor from Cataclysmic Chestguard, Pillars of Might & Gauntlets of the Kraken are INSANE.

EDIT: once again taking a peek at Xav's armory caused me to re-evaluate my original thinking lol. You can't find much more of an armor whore Prot Warrior then Xav :D

EDIT2: Perhaps since I already started down a different path then Xav and have the T10 hands I should continue and go for the 4pc. If we were to consider the benefits of 4pc bonus I expect to be around 57k hp raid buffed so that comes out to about 11.4k damage absorbed every minute (sort of turning Prot Warriors into a weak version of pre-3.2 nerf DKs). So how would that compare with Xav's gearing strategy of taking tons of armor (about 7k more armor then me)? One nice thing is due to the icecrown debuff reducing avoidance they are allowing bosses to not do as much damage so the 11.4k would last a little longer. Still 11.4k once a minute seems kind of lackluster when compared with 7-8k armor reducing damage on every hit.

Eravian
01-04-2010, 08:47 AM
It's probably debatable in the end, since most of the calculations that I've seen with the offset pieces are assuming the 264 to 264... since you're probably going to be progressing through Hard Modes, I haven't really seen much about the 277 tier 10 pieces, so going for the four piece bonus with those may not be a bad idea... although that's tokens that other classes will all be going for as well.