PDA

View Full Version : Healing Heal this priest he needs it badly

Padinbann
12-31-2009, 07:42 AM
Back Story:
I have this priest in my guild who is for lack of better description UTTERLY AWFUL he was holy and we asked him to switch to disc to see if it helps cause it seemed like he was just healing one target anyways he has great gear from what i was told but his skill is more then lacking

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Trollbane&name=Holycrapola)

the other officers and myself think he is the reason we are being kept back form achieving some fights because of his lack of skill we are gonna have a few of the officers who understand the class mechanics of priests talk to him any help from the fine healers of this site would be greatly appreciated

Aliena
12-31-2009, 07:51 AM
His disc spec is good but his glyphs are terrible, he should be running Glyph of PW:S and Penance and Fheal/PoH.

His meta is bad, his other gems are all over the place when they should be oriented towards spellpower and intellect depending on what he needs, his crit is too high and his SP too low, but...

All of that is workable, I suspect the issue lies in spell usage and rotation judging by his glyphs. I can't comment on that though without evidence!

Quinafoi
12-31-2009, 07:57 AM
Classic case of tunnel vission. Sadly there isn't a way to break that easily, bottom line they need to put forth the effort and work on it.

Perscription:
Send them into battle grounds and Wintergrasp. When they get tired of dying because both their healing target and him or herself are taking damage at the same time, maybe their awareness will improve. PvP works well on people who like to stand in fire too, eventually they get tired of dying when 5 people gang up on them and learn to heal on the go. PvP in general helps improve awareness since it is far less predictable than scripted encounters.

Padinbann
12-31-2009, 07:59 AM
i dont have any Evidence because world of logs hates me but our MT who has a decently geared Disc alt said he only used maybe 20 spells in out marrowgar fight last night

Quinafoi
12-31-2009, 08:08 AM
i dont have any Evidence because world of logs hates me but our MT who has a decently geared Disc alt said he only used maybe 20 spells in out marrowgar fight last night

If that's the case I'd say drop them. That's a bit obscene.

I had a similar case in my raid. Two DPS, same spec, very close in gear. One topped damage on a boss. The other was bottom on damage. The top one did a total of 20 times the damage of the other. The other cast a total of around 20 spells the entire fight.

You can't afford to carry people who aren't even trying.

Quinafoi
12-31-2009, 08:12 AM
You can try and work with people like that, but bottom line is they probably simply don't care. At a certain point, the raid needs to realize that and part ways with that person.

Lets do a little simple quantifying. Lets say Primordial Saronite is going around 2000 gold, boots would require 5 of those. You give this priest a piece of tier 10 loot, that's like your raid is investing 10,000 gold in that person. I sure hope it's worth the investment.

Padinbann
12-31-2009, 08:18 AM
we had a discussion in officer chat last night after raid we are gonna have our MT with the Disc priest alt talk to him as well as the healing officer and perhaps someone else who knows more about priests then i do. I am gonna ask the officers talking to him to tell him if he doesn't improve in the next one to two weeks he is gone our officer who is a shadow priest has already reserved the right to kick him .

and from what i have heard from other officers and guildies is that he plays this way on all his characters (Warrior, Mage, Priest)

so it might not JUST be a problem with his priest but with his wow skill in all forms ill try to get a World of Logs report for everyone to look at.

this is another example of how bad he is performing we have a officer who is a marine and plays from japan he is in Tier 7.5 gear because hes time is 14 hours ahead of ours and he works when we raid he outhealed the disc priest in question and on guessed absorbs from shield and such absorded more with his shields