PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Im taking to much damage

luxorr
12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
i have just moved in to 232 gear and i dont know what is going on. my healer said i was taking more damage then what i was im at 559 def no gems but meta def and block one
289 hit rating and 19% block unbuffed all responces welcome

here is my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronzebeard&n=Luxorr)

(http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/60155-aggs-prot-war-tanking-guide.html)

Wars
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Go with the Stamina, +2% armor value meta.

I think your healer must be seeing different things than you are. In the gear you're in now, compared to the stuff you had to be in before, there's no way you're actually taking more damage, unless you're trying to take more damage.

luxorr
12-31-2009, 02:36 AM
well i was thinking with icc wouldnt you want more block value? over other stuff? besides the base stats def, hit, and exp

Xianth
12-31-2009, 03:28 AM
well i was thinking with icc wouldnt you want more block value? over other stuff? besides the base stats def, hit, and exp

no

Selene
12-31-2009, 03:32 AM
From my understanding from a Prot Warrior friend, Block Value is more of an Off-Tank stat, or someone that is planning to tank alot of mobs.

Synapse
12-31-2009, 05:07 AM
Block rating/value do not supercede avoidance until you can fully block attacks.Trash or no trash, block value has low power in raids.

luxorr
12-31-2009, 03:29 PM
so i need to stack parry more?

Insahnity
12-31-2009, 03:35 PM
From my understanding from a Prot Warrior friend, Block Value is more of an Off-Tank stat, or someone that is planning to tank alot of mobs.

No. it is for specific fights such as Anub adds using an unhittable set.

so i need to stack parry more?

No.

Stack Effective Health. This doesn't mean just stam stack, it means all aspects of EH, including armor, and magic resistance where it makes sense, and stamina for all other cases or where it's EH value exceeds that of armor and/or magic mitigation.

As far as you are concerned, Chill of the Throne should NOT, in any way, shape or form, affect your gemming/enchanting.

Insahnity
12-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Also, you are in DPS gear, can't help you right now. Try posting a wow-heroes snapshot when you are in tank gear.