PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight dk questions

gsp
12-30-2009, 05:47 AM
i have seen alot of frost DW dps but only a few frost DW tank so was wondering what you all think is the best dps spec and tank spec

Deoreus
12-30-2009, 06:44 AM
I love frost and recently switched from my prot war to a DW frost DK tank. I've tried a few different frost tank specs and the EJ cookie cutter DW frost tank I would say is a "best" spec. DW Frost DPS has a few options, but KM, Rime, and ToT are all must haves. Here's what I'm currently doing on my specs:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Whisperwind&n=Deoreus)

I've tanked ICC10 DW and cleared it, but it wasn't ideal. The healers and I agreed that I need to get more HP so I can get tripple hit instead of double hit and dead. The worst part is getting high stam weapons since my guild isn't currently doing any more ToC's or Ony's that leaves pugs for the Grinder or Burnished Quel'Serrar. Offhanding a tank weapon doesn't gimp threat enough that DPS are pulling off me yet, but it may eventually happen.

Jaeden
12-30-2009, 10:03 AM
It's really a matter of what you are comfortable with.

I did 3 weeks as a frost DW tank. I had a lot of fun. There are some areas you have to plan for, like tank change threat on DBS in ICC.

I'm a personal fan of Unholy, but that could be because I've been that forever and even leveled that way, so I am very in tune with the play style.

My roommate swears by blood tanking for the survivability and health regen. I tried it and wasn't as successful with threat, but I had a limited time.

Each tree has it's pros and cons, just try them out for awhile, get a rotation down and choose which you like.

As far as you specifically..

Gear:
You are hit capped but not expertise capped. This is a priority for threat.
You have non epic gems and gems that don't give stam. Change all of those for exp stam until your exp is 26.

Upgrade your 5 main slots to T9 232 at least if they don't have higher level gear. You'll get an overall stamina boost.

Utilize different trinkets. Instead of the brewmaiden trinket, use something that gives mitigation or avoidance. Your healer will notice you getting hit for less.

Talents/glyphs:
It's what you would pretty much find at EJ. I *personally*would switch out the Howling Blast glyph for the Glyph of Rune Strike. I've never been a fan of single disease rotations and they have made it less pretty to not use 2 disease.

gsp
12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Gear:
You are hit capped but not expertise capped. This is a priority for threat.
You have non epic gems and gems that don't give stam. Change all of those for exp stam until your exp is 26.

Upgrade your 5 main slots to T9 232 at least if they don't have higher level gear. You'll get an overall stamina boost.

Utilize different trinkets. Instead of the brewmaiden trinket, use something that gives mitigation or avoidance. Your healer will notice you getting hit for less.

Talents/glyphs:
It's what you would pretty much find at EJ. I *personally*would switch out the Howling Blast glyph for the Glyph of Rune Strike. I've never been a fan of single disease rotations and they have made it less pretty to not use 2 disease.
not sure whos gear you are looking at but all my gems are stam or exp and stam and the only thing not 232 atm that i can remember is my chest just beacause i have run out of gold to get it gemmed and chanted

Jaeden
12-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Lol, my bad. I critiqued Deoreus' gear :D

For you, your helm is also not gemmed/enchanted as of then I looked at gspdk. Your frost talents are missing Rime, Killing Machine and Annihilation and only 4/5 in Tundra Stalker. Your glyphs have disease and Unbreakable armor.

I'd switch the two glyphs for Rune Strike and Obliterate personally.