PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Getting hit like a truck

imabat
12-30-2009, 02:26 AM
I've been tanking for about 2-3 months now and I have just now started to tank 10/25 man ToTC, and have been getting pounded by the bosses, I use shield block when ever it is up, I'm just wondering if there is anything else that I am able to do here to prevent the amount of damage that I am taking in. I'll link my armory page here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Imabat) if you guys/gals to maybe tell how/what I'm doing wrong here it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Deoreus
12-30-2009, 07:24 AM
You gear looks good to me - better than when I started in there. When we first started in TotC, I used to get torn up by Gormok and Icehowl. Are those the ones giving you trouble?

If I'm the starting tank, I'd use last stand on my 2nd tanking round when the kobolds were coming out. If I was the 2nd, I'd use it my first round. I used to tank Acidmaw so I'd pop shield wall when it came out if I had the bleed on. Typically you'll have both last stand and shield wall back up at the start or during Icehowl. Use them.

Lord Jaraxxus shouldn't be bad as long as you're getting all the interrupts on him.

Are you guys downing Anub? Make sure you don't get any stacks from the little bugs during his burrow phase. Those can hurt.