PDA

View Full Version : DPS Neep advice for high DPS score.

Malenthal
12-29-2009, 11:25 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Malenthal)

here is my armory.

I dont know why exactly i am still falling short on DPS. In my guild i am the only fury warrior DPS at the moment and i am in the bottom half for damage done on raids. averaging 4.5-5k dps on fights and have spiked to almost 7 k dps. Problem is that it is not consistant enough to be relied on. other members who are hunters, mages, rogues, dks, and pallis who are pulling 7-10k damage easily and consistantly on raids and i am at a loss for what else to do.

Well geared for heriocs and raids and recently learned on how to gem to maximize socket bonuses so my dps has increased. Sometimes fumble on the rotation but mainly have it down pretty well.

Starting to feel like the kid who no one want to play with because of low dps score per recount. i want to be able to get on top to win.

Plz help, thnx.

Squirrelnut
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I have some suggestions for you:

- First off your belt clearly needs an upgrade ASAP but beyond that your gear looks pretty good.
- Gemming choices are mis-guided, you don't need that much hit as Fury so you DEFINITELY don't want to be gemming for it. You only need to be over 164 with Precision so replace all those gems with Str. Only utilize something besides 20Str for your meta to work, other then that you should be going all Str as a Fury warrior. Most socket bonuses really aren't worth going for, just use 20 Str.
- If you really want the speed boost you can keep your boot enchant but I prefer the AP enchant to maximize damage output

Most importantly however you need a good method for keeping track of !Slam procs. I use MSBT with both a text and sound notification of the Bloodsurge proc as well as Satrina's Buff Frames to give me a bar showing exactly how much time I have to use the instant slam. There are many options for how to keep track of it, just make sure you use something that is easy to see, preferably a sound notification and that you work on your rotation and never rage starve yourself.

Really we would need a WoL parse to get a better idea of what you could improve on.

TrustTX
12-29-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm having a similar issue with my DPS, would that advice for STR apply to me as well?

My Gear (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Lothartuacka)

I am working on newer gear, but as I progress I do not see any change in my DPS. I understand that my hit is prob a bit too high, what would be a recommended level of hit for a Ret Pally. What should my score be on Recount? just wanting to know what I should be aiming for?

Destruyen
01-02-2010, 07:11 AM
I'm having a similar issue with my DPS, would that advice for STR apply to me as well?

My Gear (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Lothartuacka)

I am working on newer gear, but as I progress I do not see any change in my DPS. I understand that my hit is prob a bit too high, what would be a recommended level of hit for a Ret Pally. What should my score be on Recount? just wanting to know what I should be aiming for?

you should probably have made a thread for yourself. however, your expertise is very low, you should try to replace some gear to get the cap. your arp trinket, while good for alot of classes, doesn't fit on a ret pally. i'm not that familiar with pallies, but i'm pretty sure ~65-70% of your dmg is holy, therefor not benefiting from armor pen. try to get a nobles card to replace it. it might be an ilvl 200 trinket, but you won't replace it really until the 258 ilvl death's choice.

why are you gemmed for hit when you have almost 100 hit rating over the cap?