PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Need critique and suggestions.

Dumpy
12-29-2009, 08:11 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Plooper)

Currently sitting with 105 Frost badges, thinking of the belt since it would be the largest upgrade. Thinking of saving up for T10.

I am over expertise cap (with seal up)
I can switch my belt gem

Reev
12-29-2009, 08:36 AM
Also, what is the cap on armor contribution from items?

Higher than any of us will ever reach. And while you will receive diminishing mitigation per armor value the higher you get, the increase in time to live per armor point remains constant.

As an overly simplistic example, which is incorrect for the game but does illustrate the point, let's say you start at 0 armor, and add 1000. Let's also assume that at that armor level, the 1000 armor increases your mitigation by 10%. Cool. Now let's say you've got 38,000 armor, and you increase it by 1000. The 1000 in this case will only increase your mitigation by 3%. It's still a 10% reduction in the amount of damage you're taking relative to what you were before. 10% of 100% is 10%. 3% is 10% of 30% (100%-70%).

Those numbers are not accurate to the game, but the point is whether you increase armor by 1000 at 25k armor or at 36k armor, it'll still increase your Time to Live equally. If you want better mor accurate information on it, check the Evil Empire Guide on Armor which is in the Critical Guides and Libraries section of this site under the Evil Empire Guides section.