PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight ProtWar - DpsDK Questions

Zeo
12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Couple of questions -
Sorry had to pick a prefix so went with Death Knight cause it is currently my main
(Orinz is the DK and Zeo is the ProtWar for those that look up the armory's)

First, for my main toon DpsDK Blood. I have spent the past three weeks looking for this answer but unable to find a solid one as of yet.

With two lvl 80 toons doing atleast ICC 10 twice and one ICC 25, weekly raid quest, along with the daily random dungeon. Should I save all my frost badges for Primordial Saronite to work on the quest for Shadowmourne OR work on Teir 10 set?

Second, currently right now I am still using Kyzoc's Ground Stompers on my ProtWar alt. Should I bother with making the Ulduar tanking boots or go with ones from the new five man instances? (My Guild Master has offered the Runed Orbs from the guild bank so I can make them if I want.)

Another option is to have the Ulduar tanking belt crafted. Since I am using Waistguard of the Tutor currently.

My goal for my Warrior is to balance his gear so I am able to survive more in ICC 10.

Last Question -

My DK is currently blood dps, and I am starting to notice that with in ICC my dps is beginning to fall behind more. I understand that I am missing out on the 4pc Teir 9 bonus but will be fixing that with in the next couple of days.

Should I switch to one of the other specs like Unholy or Frost, or should I try to keep with blood and wait abit longer to see how the rest of ICC plays out? (Currently my guild uses a DK Blood Tank and also we have a Unholy DK in our normal raid make-up)

Jaeden
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Keep it in perspective. I too want Shadowmourne, but how far do you think you will get in ICC if you don't have your tier gear and other upgrades? Your dps will not keep up with the challenges.

It will also take many shards of the frozen throne, so you have some time. You can't even get the blood for the first quest until Jan ;)