PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Wokay.. I'm squishy.

Pinkybleu
12-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi, this is my first post down here, and to be honest, my last hope... ><

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&cn=Misstank)
This is the link to my armory.

My dilemma is this. I am SQUISHY!
Not ordinary squishy, really really squishy.

I get hits towards the region of 15k to 20k odd at times, and I don't know what's happening. I dont' know where the hits come from, but it's sufficient for some 25 men content bosses to 2 hit me in some weird happenings. I've played healing, and to be honest, I myself never really heal tanks that's def capped and get hit that way.

So what's wrong with my itemizations? Where am I doing wrong?

krc
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM
For gear changes I would reccomend these:

Meta gem to 32 stamina 2% increase in armor.

Gem for all stamia unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher.

Get the pvp shoulder enchant.

Get 225 armor to your cloak.

Get 275 health to your chest.

18 stamina to your hands.

Replace the Ony trinket with the Black Heart.

Just focus on EH, adjust armor to stam ratios from boss to boss using Maintankadin &bull; View topic - "New" EH - incorporating different damage types into EH (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=26831&rb_v=viewtopic&start=60).

If you want to change your spec for survival make these changes in your survival spec. Move 2 points out of Cruelty and 3 points out of Focused Rage, with these points get Commanding Presence since you already have Improved Demo shout. Switch out Glyph of Sunder Armor for Shield Wall and Last Stand switching from fight to fight since it is a survival spec and not going to be used on trash.

Alastrionia
12-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Not sure what you might be doing wrong. Do you have a log or more info for the math inclined of the site to look over?

Are mobs positioned correctly? no side hitting? no sneaky strikes from behind?

Gems - I'd change those parry gems. From everything I've read on this wonderful site, go with expertise/dodge + stamina to get those red sockets filled. The other gems I would change is your meta. Go with the +32 stamina / +2% armor. Every lil bit of stamina and armor will help ya :)

Using your cooldowns correctly? Shield wall / Last Stand / Enraged Regeneration?

Reev
12-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Hi, this is my first post down here, and to be honest, my last hope... ><

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&cn=Misstank)
This is the link to my armory.

My dilemma is this. I am SQUISHY!
Not ordinary squishy, really really squishy.

I get hits towards the region of 15k to 20k odd at times, and I don't know what's happening. I dont' know where the hits come from, but it's sufficient for some 25 men content bosses to 2 hit me in some weird happenings. I've played healing, and to be honest, I myself never really heal tanks that's def capped and get hit that way.

So what's wrong with my itemizations? Where am I doing wrong?

Depending on what boss you're facing, 15k-20k swings may very well be normal. Many bosses hit even harder than that.

That said, do what krc was recommending. Also, read Agg's Prot Warrior Tanking Guide (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/60155-aggs-prot-war-tanking-guide.html). It's got a lot of good gearing/gemming/speccing/enchanting info.

Finally, make sure you always have Demoralizing Shout and Thunderclap up on the boss. Always.

Don't worry about taking 15k hits. Those aren't particularly big hits. Worry more about getting your HP up to the point where you can take 3 of those hits without dying.

Pinkybleu
12-27-2009, 10:17 PM
Done a number of the changes necessary, would do the rest later on, connection's a bit wonky from work.

I'm reading and re-reading Agg's guide. Will update if there's any changes.

But on retrospect, 15~20k damage's normal? Is there no way to mitigate it? My problem is that the damage seem to come in so fast that it's a bit ridiculous for my healer to get me up again... ><

krc
12-27-2009, 10:22 PM
It is normal, and it is not why your armor is paticularly low epecially considering you have the Glyph of Indomitability on but thats just how current encounters are designed. Thats why you stack EH, to give your healers a bigger pool against that burst and unavoidable damage.