PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Survivability on a boat!

Wrathydied
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Hi there,

I've been tanking on my DK for several months now, and I've been through the Ulduar10 hardmodes, most of Ulduar and TotC25s and TotGC10 up to Anub (wiped on 100k last time).

Except on Gormok in TotGC10/25 our healers have never really had a hard time keeping me up, and have never complained about keeping me up over any of the other tanks.

Today in ICC10 we thought we'd try and get a couple of the achievements for a laugh, breezed through as normal and then went to try "I'm on a Boat". I have better gear than our other tank so I went first, and my god. We wiped several times due to me just dying. I'd take no damage for ages and then just get 2 shotted at random.

I kept the jump pack debuff on him to slow the rate of increase but after about 15 stacks of his buff we were chaining cooldowns between myself and the healers and even then I so nearly died as I was jumping off.

Then our other tank goes, he's a pretty well geared prot paladin, and they had no problems keeping him up through to 38 stacks or something mad where he jumped back, I don't think they had to blow a single cooldown, or certainly not more than a couple and were all saying afterwards how much easier he was than me to keep up >,<

I know that's the kind of encounter we used to excel at, and were nerfed because, but that's seriously worried me about hard modes and stuff later on, so I thought I'd come here and ask what I can change/tweak to improve my survivability in that kind of situation.

My armory link is here (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Wrathydied), and I'll really appreciate any feedback you can give. Thanks!