PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Survivability/threat as frosttank(bit stuck need help)

NexsusTheFrostDeathKnight
12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey all, first off here's my guy: WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Caelestrasz&name=nexsus)

I'm working on getting a dps offhand, but lack of drops, for both weapons and the hilt.

Basically things became a bit odd when I was doing a guild run/pug through the new HPoS. And my guild leader (who was druid healing) pointing out the numerous times I died and how dps were easier to heal (which was odd to me, I've done H PoS before with a pally healer that oom'd after every mob, and did not die.) Was kinda embarrasing "Why don't you have dps weapons when your over the defence cap! you need more health!" my response being lack of drops and defence rune being the hp rune.

So I swapped my obliterate with unbreakable armor, my survivability went up I guess, but my raid threat seems to be spikey, we attempted toc10man, and could not get gormak impaler to stay taunted on me, only one instance occured when they couldn't get him off me, due to string of obliterate/free hb's.

Should I attempt Blood tanking? swap glyph back? in general the new 5mans piss me off, lazy dps not interrupting, my hatred grows each time I'm hit by phantom blast.

Khrosis
12-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Im sure others have said this man but your threat problem is most likely because your DW, even with the new 1h Def enchant your still better off 2h tanking. Its just from personal experience that DW generates less threat than a 2h would. And I would suggest to get your Oblit glyph back.

gabbu
12-28-2009, 04:06 AM
threat problem is most likely because your DW

Math on this please?

I am DW frost tank on my ALT DK and I dont see any threat difference while DW or 2h tanking. I dont raid on my DK just do heroics but I have done couple of raids with him as well. (Armory link : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul%27jin&n=Necromongor )

@Nexsus,

I dont see any issues with your gear/talent/Glyph setup which can cause any threat issues. I personally use Slow/Slow DPS weapons for tanking.

The only reason I can imagine for you having threat issues is you hit which is pretty low, I suggest bringing it up and using hit food as well.

Also if you are dieing too much swap those trinkets with stamina trinkets like Gossomar, Black heart etc etc.

EDIT: Add expertise also to your list of stats you need to increase.