PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Am i ready for ICC 10? (tanking)

makkaveli
12-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi All,

As above really am i ready for ICC10?

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Alonsus&name=makkaveli)

if not is there anything else i should replace? Gear, talents, gems etc.

i know my bracers and belt are bit low but i havent had much luck on drops with those. And my cape well thats the same. Im thinking about the frost badge cloak when i get enough badges.

cheers!

Rominoodle
12-28-2009, 06:35 AM
You would need some pretty intense heals in ICC if you were going as the tank. With the -20% dodge debuff, you would be relying mostly on your parry. I have yet to pair up with a DK tank in ICC so I can't tell you what kind of stats you should be looking for. **Note** Even in ICC there is no real main tank. You may have a guy that pulls first, and a guy who tanks the adds, but tanks are pretty much equals in ICC. You split the cleave on marrowgar, you have to do the taunt dance on deathwhisper, split up on the ship battle e.t.c. Unfortunately the only other content you would benefit from is 25man ToC/Ony...and those are almost as bad to pug as ICC! I hit the same wall you were at about a week ago, so I toughed it up and joined a raiding guild.

Joe6606
12-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi All,

As above really am i ready for ICC10?

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Alonsus&name=makkaveli)

if not is there anything else i should replace? Gear, talents, gems etc.

i know my bracers and belt are bit low but i havent had much luck on drops with those. And my cape well thats the same. Im thinking about the frost badge cloak when i get enough badges.

cheers!
I agree with the above poster; you're not quite geared enough for ICC. Buy the crafted bracers and belt asap. They are enormous upgrades for you, and are quite cheap now.

makkaveli
12-29-2009, 12:49 AM
cheers guys. quite cheap u say for teh bracers and belt? on my server they are 4-5k... its a joke. i just joined a raiding guild so ill try get in on some 25 mans. what about the togc10m? and the hardmode are they toc 25m equiv?

D3vlish
12-29-2009, 07:45 AM
I am in the same boat as the OP, wowheroes says im ICC ready, but something tells me I am lacking a bit, any suggestions?

Tank (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=jyd)

Thanks,

Rominoodle
12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
D3vlish in regards to your case, you need way more health. Your stam is really lacking for ICC. You need to do some ToC10/25 first to upgrade alot of your gear. You need some stam trinkets, (Black Heart from Reg ToC 5) or Satrina's Scarab (Toc 25 Faction Champs) or even Essence of Gossamer from Heroic Azjol-Nerub. Your gear-score may show you are ready, but that's why gearscore is frowned upon...at least to the more intelligent of wow players. You could use a shield upgrade, decent one in regular halls of reflection, or again toc10/25. Your cloak could use to be upgraded, along with your neck. Pretty much, Toc is going to have to be your best friend for a bit until you can get your unbuffed health 35k +

makkaveli
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
ok i have purchased teh crafted bracers and got them gemmed/enchanted. However i dont see any belt? am i being blonde is it really not there?

cheers guys i now sit at 36.5k hp

Rominoodle
12-29-2009, 11:31 AM
Keep it up. Word of advice on your professions, level them both. You are missing out on the ability to enchant both of your rings with 30 to stamina which will boost your health quite a bit more. Enchanting is quite expensive and a pain in the ass, but as tanks we can't afford not having the profession bonuses.

Joe6606
12-29-2009, 11:47 AM
ok i have purchased teh crafted bracers and got them gemmed/enchanted. However i dont see any belt? am i being blonde is it really not there?

cheers guys i now sit at 36.5k hp
Indestructible Plate girdle. The mats are extremely cheap since it's an Ulduar BS plan (12 titansteel, 30 saronite bars, 6 runed orbs) and is a massive upgrade of 440 hp assuming you gem with 2 + 30 stams.

makkaveli
12-30-2009, 02:46 AM
ok i have the belt. Anything else ayone can suggest?