PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight DW Blood Tank Need Help.

Ragefast
12-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok, I've been using dw for blood tank as seeing that there are no two handers that have any tanking stats, which requires fighting with dps as to who gets what weapon. I believe i got a decent spec. With spec in the dw on frost tree. seeing how its only in the second tier. i've been reading and from what i've read i see lots of stuff about strength which would cause me to fight with dps for a weapon. I'll post my wowarmory at the end of this post. Gear wise i have the full t9 set, im currently gemed and enchanted completely to my best beliefs. ANy help or advice ?! i know nobody does this because i get flamed consistently for my spec in random roics. i hold agro and i dont have threat issues. unless i run with my 3k gs friends and we have good heals so thats no issue. its frustrating but still fun. if i have to i will spec to a 2h just so i dont have to get consistently flamed for my own playstyle, i've tried dw frost spec, i personally dont like it. more buttons and i cant self-heal when i get bad heals. Well im done venting any advice would be great. thanks

WowArmory Link

zaubade
12-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Hmm the only advice I would give is, Blood is really not meant to be a DW tank. All curent reliable DK theory says that it is not an advisable thing to do. Now I am not saying that you should not try to see if it could be viable. But you are going to be on your own as far as common advice goes. You will need to do the testing and comparing and theorycrafting.

as far as your DW spec I would drop Ravenous dead in favor of rune tap and imp rune tap to better give yourself some healing. I would also drop Unholy command and place a point in mark of blood. and fill out more of Might of Mograine.

this is the third or so thread in about as many days with somebody attempting or thinking that blood can DW. I do not like to be on the you can never do that fence but it might not be possible to ever have a spec or gear for Blood that will make it capable of any serious tanking. I can not remember the post or find it but I am sure a blue had said as much. that the only tree for DW was and would forever be frost.

However if you can take the flames and failure then try.. play around.. experiment and tell us what oyu find.. if you prove us all wrong then oyu get to first of all brag and second you are the new expert on Blood DW tanking

zaubade
12-26-2009, 11:22 PM
ohh and I forgot

the talent in frost that backs up the frost is the only DW tree is Threat of Thassarian.. wayyyyy down in the tree. ToT will be a lot of your damage and threat as a DW tank.

Ragefast
12-27-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info. i just dont understand why they dont make a tank 2h wep like they do with the dw weps. Kinda confusing. I suppose just take a good dps wep and throw stoneskin on it and be good like that. so i think i will keep playin wih it like you say, never hurts to try. and just have my second spec a 2h blood tank spec. but again thanks for the info. i've also read a couple of the tank threads on deathknights. wasn't really gettin personal info on anything just besides str stacking on wepons and that would be the better threat generation for weapons. where i wouldnt have to worry about avoidance. so yea. thanks again =).

Cainne
12-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Uhhhhh..... If you are using 2 1h tank weapons for frost, other than an effective health set, you are doing it wrong. Also, blizzard said that DK tanks will use 2 handed DPS weapons for tanking.

They didnt do 2h tank weapons just like how they didnt do feral druid staves and leather.

And they didnt want to make DK tanks feel pigeonholed into using said 2h tank weapon forever.