PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Getting back in after ~8 months - how to gear up?

MTC87
12-25-2009, 08:43 PM
I took a break right around the time that Ulduar came out. My war is geared from 10-man and 25-man Naxx (I think around 31k hp). What's the best way to get geared up so I can run the new 5 and 10 man content? Also, is it going to take weeks of emblem grinding before I can get to that point?

zaubade
12-25-2009, 09:42 PM
run all four of the new heroics Forge of souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of reflection plus trial of the champion. This plus running the random daylie and the weekly raid will get you gear and badges to buy even more gear. s a added benifet you get all kinds of tanking practice

Daryenn
12-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Everything drops Emblems of Triumph now, save the ICC 10/25-man, the weekly raid (replaces the old daily heroic quest by Violet Hold) and the new "do a random heroic each day and get two Emblems of Frost.) 210 Emblems of Triumph would get you all five-pieces of ilvl232 T9. Just chain-run heroics (or even older raids) as well as the new 5-mans on heroic (a bit of a step up to tank from older heroics) and you will find yourself ready for ICC10 in no time.