PDA

View Full Version : Warrior So...is it me? (ony 10)

Eisen
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
So, I just did an Ony 10 pug, and I had complaints from the healers saying I was taking too much damage. So...where is my problem? Here's my Armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=Eisen)

Please note one small change to what you see there. I just got Glyph of Indomitability and replaced the Valor Medal with it. My GS is 4671, my health is 34k unbuffed, my armor...bah you can see it all there. Every number tells me I should have no trouble with Ony10 (heck, according to wow-heroes and GS I should be able to take her on 25!)

I didn't get a chance to parse the damage, but I didn't feel as though I was seeing huge damage spikes coming in, or anything like that. So...is it me, or were my healers jerks? I tend to always take the healer's side in things, but I hate to do it here.

I know some of my gems are off...I'm not putting 400g epics into anything I can replace in a month or less.

Anyway, looking for an answer here. Is my gear sufficient for MTing Ony 10, or am I still too low?

krc
12-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Your gear is fine for Ony 10, no reason you should be dying unless you are doing something like sitting down or facing away from the boss. But if you want to improve your survivability some here are my suggestions.

Change all your gems to stamina unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher.

Get the pvp shoulder enchant.

Get 225 armor for your cloak enchant.

18 stamina to your gloves.

The Triumph helm is a nice upgrade for you as well. I also suggest getting the conquest neck and belt pieces after you get the helmet since they are also nice upgrades over your current pieces.

Eisen
12-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Actually for the belt I'm going straight to frost. After gemmed it's over 1k health plus a TON of other bonuses.

I actually didn't die to her. Only reason I died in the raid (and why I left) was after being explained to 4 times the DK OT was busy playing with my whelps and let the guards play merry hell with our healers. The healers complained however that they thought I was getting hurt too much.

Thanks for the advice about the shoulder ench though...been going back and forth on that for a while. The rest of my enchants/gems that aren't stam are all basically for threat, since DPS can scale up so much easier than I can. Honestly I didn't feel like I was having a problem, but I know how easy it is to go "I didn't die so everything's OK". Honestly I expect my healers were used to people with 5k+ scores and 40k unbuffed health. That's a long ways off for me. Thanks for the reply though!

krc
12-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah the belt is an amazing piece to get with your frost emblems. I wouldn't worry about your threat too much though, if you use a Shield Slam > Devastate rotation while spamming Heroic Strike you should be fine. Also if you want to improve your threat overall I would suggest moving points from Cruelty to Damage Shield, it helps loads especially on multi-mob pulls.

Eisen
12-25-2009, 09:36 PM
argh! I respecced to try something new the other day and forgot to put damage shield in. I am a moron!

Fixed.