PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Hit Capping - Priority issue for a tank?

Carmaine
12-25-2009, 05:46 AM
Hi, the situation in which I ask this question is one of someone who only does heroic and does not raid, and does not frost emblem gear.

I am using the T9 set, with certain purples from the Frozen Halls, and a couple of items coming from emblem of triumph + a Saronite Swordbreaker wrist because it's cheap to make.

Here is the issue, with all that gear, I am at 116 hit rating. I've look at alternatives to upgrade a bit, but nothing has hit rating, I'd have to down grade lots of stuff to regain the lost hit.

Do should I socket EVERYTHING into +hit and add +hit enchants (Titanium weapon chain(+28), precision on gloves(+20), etc....)?

Or just put stamina/avoidance and live with my gear hit rating?

I personally don't like missing, it sucks, getting to the hit cap would basically make the whole T9 set useless because I'd end up with less HP than my T8 set which has tons of hit.

Gnarly
12-25-2009, 08:44 AM
There is no need to gem for hit; It would be a waste. As long as you're holding aggro on mobs, you'll be fine, especially for heroics since they aren't very hard.

EH is the way to go right now for raid content but you're not raiding anything so it won't really matter. The only thing that you may see from reduced hit is missed taunts which may be a big deal in raids on certain fights, but not so much in heroics.

Ulosthegame
12-25-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm doing fine with 38 hit in my DW set- expertise is more important, but never gimp your survivability for threat.

Carmaine
12-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Alright, thanks.

I pretty much know what to put on everything except my weapon.

Should I put Accuracy (25 crit and hit), Titanium weapon chain (50% disarm duration, 28 hit), Blood Draining or Bladeward?

Accuracy should theoretically increase my DPS, threat, same for Titanium weapon chain, the other 2 are situational bonuses (bladeward being useless against most caster bosses, and doesn't proc often, blood draining being useless if I have a decent healer).

Gnarly
12-26-2009, 05:01 AM
It depends on your preference. Right now I am running a weapon chain because it was cheap and I'm hoping for a better weapon drop shortly. Accuracy is pretty expensive compared to the weapon chain. In heroics you shouldn't really drop below 35% for blooddraining unless your healer dies, etc.