PDA

View Full Version : Adapting TANKING enchants in 3.3

Faires
12-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Link to my Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&n=Faires

Alright, sports fans. Countless hours of tinkering with the new Elitistjerks 3.3.a Protection Warrior spreadsheet, I have come to some startling conclusions regarding optimal cloak enchants in terms of survivability and avoidance.

While some of you may consider the adjustments I have made to my cloak to be outlandish, I assure you that there is a large amount of theory and math to support my educated decision. Let me start with the enchant itself. Increased stealth generation is a minor perk for some of the hardest fights WOTLK has to offer. Take Algalon, for example. The purpose of this fight is to gain a stacking debuff that allows you to go stealth-mode and tank adds in another realm of existence, to protect your raid from taking damage from them later on. The increased stealth serves to hasten your phase shift, so that you can disappear quicker. Now, for the real benefit this enchant offers. AGILITY. Dodge, and crit. Avoidance and Threat. Can't go wrong there.

As far as the gem goes, I was using stamina before, like most tanks have conformed to. However, with my parry being extraordinarily high, (almost 24%!) the haste allows me to damage mobs faster and this is a huge bonus when trying to hold "AOE" threat in places like Halls of Reflection, the most challenging dungeon to date.

Now for the real shocker, the 3.3.a spreadsheet revealed a groundbreaking revelation to me. There is a known bug right now in the patch that converts "mana per 5" into "DISPLAYED MANA" meaning, my "MANA BAR" is rage, so any mp5 I get from gear is actually converted into rage. Yes, this cloak supplements a constant stream of 4 rage per 5 seconds. I am at full rage AFK in Dalaran as I type this, literally from the enchant. While there are some doubters, I urge you to plug it into the spreadsheet or apply an mp5 buff yourself and see. While I was hesitant at first to share this information, I pride myself on being the cutting edge when it comes to the evolution of the protection warrior, and would hope that the entire population can benefit from this knowledge I have gained for as long as it remains live on servers.

Aggathon
12-24-2009, 11:32 PM
I sincerely hope no one takes this seriously, however it was a comical post. 7/10, would read again.

zaubade
12-25-2009, 12:33 AM
I sincerely hope no one takes this seriously, however it was a comical post. 7/10, would read again.

And as it is a joke post... least I hope it is.. should it not be in the off topic thread?.. so as not to confuse peeps looking for real info

Faires
12-25-2009, 12:48 AM
And as it is a joke post... least I hope it is.. should it not be in the off topic thread?.. so as not to confuse peeps looking for real info
I really can't elaborate more than I did in my original post, however I can assure you that nothing I said was in jest.

zaubade
12-25-2009, 01:05 AM
I really can't elaborate more than I did in my original post, however I can assure you that nothing I said was in jest.

hmmm well as you can not or will not provide more info.. prof would be nice .... then I call BS. So cold hard numbers and definitive video evidence. This is not one of those fly by night any conspiracy theory will do sites.

Karatheya
12-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Now for the real shocker, the 3.3.a spreadsheet revealed a groundbreaking revelation to me. There is a known bug right now in the patch that converts "mana per 5" into "DISPLAYED MANA" meaning, my "MANA BAR" is rage, so any mp5 I get from gear is actually converted into rage. Yes, this cloak supplements a constant stream of 4 rage per 5 seconds.

Even if you weren't trolling, since when does "here's how to exploit a known bug" advice belong on this site?

zaubade
12-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Even if you weren't trolling, since when does "here's how to exploit a known bug" advice belong on this site?

Another fine point. wonder how long till Kaz brings the ninja hammer down?

Aggathon
12-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Guys, look at his armory, everything is flawless expect his cloak gem and enchant, he didn't even use an epic gem. He's trolling. It's CLEARLY a joke post. Move along now.

Kazeyonoma
12-25-2009, 04:59 AM
If this is a bad joke, then that's all, if it is infact an attempt at explaining something, it's wrong.

Moved to Off topic and closed.