PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Need some help

Dacno
12-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Alright, So , I've been told countless times that my dps is to low for my gear, However i always seem to come to the problem that i can never figure out whats wrong with my spec or my rotation , No one has ever told me what i'm doing wrong or anything. I do an average of about 4-5k dps and use Instant MH Deadly OH for poisons

My Current Rotation is : start with a garrote , HfB, Mut to 5cp, Rup, Mut, SnD , Mut to 5cp, Envenom, Mut to 5, Rupture , Mut to 5, Envenom , Mut to 5 , Envenom ect..

Here is a link to my Armory Dacno (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Dacno)

Cainne
12-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Alright, So , I've been told countless times that my dps is to low for my gear, However i always seem to come to the problem that i can never figure out whats wrong with my spec or my rotation , No one has ever told me what i'm doing wrong or anything. I do an average of about 4-5k dps and use Instant MH Deadly OH for poisons

My Current Rotation is : start with a garrote , HfB, Mut to 5cp, Rup, Mut, SnD , Mut to 5cp, Envenom, Mut to 5, Rupture , Mut to 5, Envenom , Mut to 5 , Envenom ect..

Here is a link to my Armory Dacno (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Dacno)

I was talking to my friend last night about the mutilate rotation, and its acutally best to open with mutilate, but only if there is a bleed on the target when you start.

When I used to play my rogue as mut, I would only do a quick 2 or 3 point SnD at the start, then work to a rupture/envenom, depending on crits.

As for gems, you might get a bit more DPS if you go raw AP over agility.

Dacno
12-24-2009, 06:17 PM
You've completely lost me there O.o

Opening with a garrote over a mutilate is still more damage then a mutilate, also my raid usually are tens which consists of a warlock/mage 2 hunter , a paladin and me for dps so they're aren't many bleeds

Also only mut once when starting out , envenom resets you to the full duration of SnD so why bother with any more

Also why , Agility has crit which helps seal fate proc..

Cainne
12-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Its because if there is already a bleed on the boss, you can get deeper into your rotation sooner by using a Mutilate over a garrote, because that mutilate can crit, gaining extra CP's.

As for Agi vs AP, Crit only goes so far, and if you dont have AP to back the crits, it isn't worth it. Its the same reason feral druids that cant reach ArP cap because of not having a trinket, will gem str or agi, depending on their crit/ap ratio.

And I'm quite aware how Cut to the Chase works, but what I was saying, is to get SnD up early because of Focused Attacks. Was kind of in a rush, as I was getting ready to leave when I posted, so I could have been clearer.

Dacno
12-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Alright so im sitting about 40% crit chance , Start gemming for AP?

uncleleo
12-25-2009, 12:48 AM
I've been playing a Mutilate Spec Rogue for about 7 months now so I think I can help a little bit. Just switched over to the new spec of Mutilate which puts a little more emphasis on haste. This spec is also Ruptureless which is the new way to go with the Poison changes in patch 3.3. Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#f0ec0exoiboIuVo0xV0xcZb)

If you choose the spec above you'll need to drop rupture from your rotation. Your base rotation is good, BUT you should use Envenom at 4 or 5 combo points not just 5.

Secondly the Garotte to start things off is right for a couple reasons. Mutilate gets a buff from stealth. Overkill, where you regenerate 30% extra energy for 20 Secs after breaking stealth. The Mutilate rotation is so sensitive that not going ahead and putting a bleed effect on a mob could cause a loss of DPS.

As far as the gems go AP does have a slight advantage over Agility. But it's not a huge issue to change right away. You can regem AP as you pick up new gear.

Lastly you look like your struggling with the same stat I am. Expertise. This should really be capped out at 26 as missing a couple Envenoms in a row can reck your rotation.

I also have a few posts at dpsfordummies.com (http://dpsfordummies.com) that may be able to help you out. Happy Ganking!