PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Hows he looking for heroics

Sothis
12-24-2009, 09:35 AM
i think im ready for "easy" heroics such as nexus, UK. but i still get "is that your tanking gear" in the ICC regs. which i either ignore or reply "is that your DPS gear?". im almost to another tier 9 piece, should i wait or go for it?
i appriciate your advice and constructive critisism. ive been reading tankspot for quite a while just never posted, great site, full of good advice
thanks all

sothis

tarouszars
12-24-2009, 10:13 AM
You should be able to tank most of the heroics. You're over the defense minimum and have plenty of health and avoidance. Avoid the hard ones like hToC, hOK and any of the new ones and you should be fine.

People forget that heroics are where you are supposed to get all your ilvl 200 gear. And as you do the heroics and get badges you will be replacing that ilvl 200 gear with ilvl 232 gear.

Vanye
12-24-2009, 10:29 AM
I see no reason why you shouldn't be tanking any of the heroics - your defense score is above 540, your health is in the upper 26000+ range unbuffed. I would definitely suggest getting another piece of T9 if you can - either your gloves (which are only 30 badges) or holding out a little and replacing the chest piece.

Run H.Old Kingdom when you can, to try and get the bracers from the herald at the end. They have a pretty decent drop rate (anecdotally, I see them about 30 % of the time when I'm running it on my paladin)

(edit) People seem to forget that when we started running heroics, most tanks were sitting about 22-23k. I will admit the other day I was shocked to run a H.Gun'Drak with a tank who had 22k hp (my mage has 18k when buffed...20k or so when fully raid buffed) who did ok as long as he was getting heals, and the DPS actually remembered how to ramp up the dps as opposed to going in cannons blazing.

Cainne
12-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Your gear should be fine for any heroic exept the last half of HPoS, HHoR, and MAYBE, the last boss in HFoS, but otherwise, it looks solid for heroics. Lot better than the gear I started with on my warrior. 22k health to start heroics ftw.

Edit:

Oh and people cry and whine because a heroic will take 5 extra minutes because they cant go balls to the wall as mindless DPS, and have to actually watch threat.

Sothis
12-24-2009, 10:58 PM
cool thanks, i feel better now. i guess all the "is that your tanking gear" made me shy away cause i just want to play the game and enjoy it and not have to deal with the bs