PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Cookie Cutter Arms Build and Rotation

Bearrorist
12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find solid info on arms warriors, and so far I can't find anything updated. Elitist Jerks has really let me down, again. No updated easily findable info. I can't find the cookie cutter arms raiding build. And when I do find a spec I like, I see people taking improved thunder clap, and I'm have no clue why. Also I see people use different glyphs. I need to know which are the better choices, as the ones I'm running may not be the best.

So a brief run down and any information on the updated arms warrior would be much appreciated. Direct links to builds with glyphs would also be really appreciated. And a rotation would also be really appreciated, that's another thing I keep finding mixed info on this. I'll post back if I have any more questions or after someone responds.

tarouszars
12-23-2009, 06:54 PM
This is a sticky in the DPS section.

Warrior The Complete Arms Warrior Guide (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/59664-complete-arms-warrior-guide.html)

Bearrorist
12-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you very much!

SixStringsXD
12-24-2009, 09:19 AM
The cookie cutter build is 54/17/0

As far as rotation... Open with charge and rend - mortal strike - slam (unless sd execute procs) then overpower. As soon as you use overpower you have 2 abilities to use until overpower can be used again.

After the initial rotation (everything up to when you use overpower the first time) it because a priority list. Never miss an overpower, always use sd executes when they are up before mortal strike, etc.

Rend > Overpower > Execute > Mortal Strike > Slam

Your main goal is ultimately going to be making sure your overpowers (which pretty much guarantees deep wounds if you don't have 50% crit like me) and rends are being done correctly. If it works out, you will use overpower just as your rend falls off and place another just as it does.

After 20%, your rotation changes a bit. The priority becomes rend > overpower > execute and that is it. No slamming or mortal striking after 20%. We don't have the priviledge of having 1 or 2 moves that do 30-50% of our damage, every attack matters equally so we have to make sure we are making the right decisions and keeping our rotation very very tight.

Sit at a dummy, remember what I said about priorities and have fun become a pretty equal damage class to many others :]

Merry Christmas.

P.S. if you have to do sunder armors, I recommend doing this... Charge, rend, sunder armor x2, overpower, sunder armor x2, overpower, sunder armor then work into your normal rotation. Now you only have to reapply sunder armor when it is below the 5 second mark.