PDA

View Full Version : Tanking What should I upgrade next?

ReVolt
12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I will soon have another 50 Emblem of Triumph question is do i either upgrade to another T9 bit of armour of change my trinket to Glyph of Indomitability first? The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zenedar&n=Revdk) Thanks in advance.

nethervoid
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
OMG yeah. That's a dps trinket.

Then upgrade belt, boots from reg ToC 5 (or better from ICC 5 man?), and T9 pants. Badge buy order: belt -> pants. Not sure if there are badge boots that are worth buying. I had the ToC 5 man boots (ilvl 200 heart felt repentance) until I got the 232 boots from Twins in ToC 10m (most boots even at higher ilvl were less survivability).

Harmacy
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Definitely get the Glyph to replace your haste trinket.

Armory critique: You need Improved Icy Touch, the slow is very nice. I'd remove some points from Spell Deflection or Ravenous Dead or something mediocre to get it.

Other than that, your gemming is a little weird (is that a parry gem? for shame!), but you're looking OK. Definitely run regular ToC 5 man for the boots and legs. I'd get the Triumph dodge sigil as your next purchase after the trinket, followed by the ring.

ReVolt
12-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Just looked at the Triumph dodge sigil which looks very appealing so i shall get that next with 25 badges. Inplace of that parry gem what would you sugguest?

nethervoid
12-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Don't ever wear a dodge trinket, unless the fight specifically calls for as much avoidance as possible. The black heart is still one of the best survivability trinkets in the game (unless you have ToC 25m+ gear). Glyph of Indom / Black Heart combo is going to carry you until you get the organ from ICC 10m, Satrinas or above from ToC, or the frost badge +228 stam trinket.

Couple things about gems:

- Only go for the bonus if it's +12 stam or to carry the 1 red gem needed for the meta gem bonus (and only if that piece has only 1 non-blue slot to meet the bonus)
- For the one red gem (or where you're filling a red gem slot for bonus) use Regal Dreadstone (dodge/stam) - When bosses parry they get an extra attack on you, so dodge is a better avoidance stat
- Use +30 stam in everything else (unless you're building a threat set or are under the def cap)

Get +40 stam enchant on your bracers.