PDA

View Full Version : Tanking WoW Mouse

Gnarly
12-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Anyone use the WoW mouse for tanking? I was thinking this may be a bit helpful. Any positive reviews or negative ones? Some reviews I have read say it's good while others say it's junk.

MellvarTank
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Get a Razer mouse, much better.

krc
12-23-2009, 08:43 AM
I haven't tried the WoW mouse but I personally would recommend Razor Mouses and the mouse I am currently using the Logitech G5.

MellvarTank
12-23-2009, 08:47 AM
I decided to get the Lachesis for the buttons on the side. The Mamba is basically the wireless version, and the Naga is for only the most serious MMORPGer.

krc
12-23-2009, 08:49 AM
If you are using it just for WoW the Naga is overkill. considering how pricey it is and how few times you will be actually using the buttons on it.

Gnarly
12-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks. I'll take a look at these other ones. Was hoping to find something with multiple profiles since I dps and tank in raids.

MellvarTank
12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
The Razer's have multiple profiles. ;)

junkdepot
12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I had a WoW mouse for a little over 2 months. The matte finish on the metal wore off and the metal began to corrode due to skin contact. I returned it to them for a replacement (got it 2 days ago) but the whole process took almost a month to get done. Went back to my old Razer in the meantime and trying to decide if I want to go back to the WoW mouse since without retraining my hand positioning I can't reach more than 2 of the side buttons easily.

Griff
12-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I have a razer naga - its nice to be able to map my abilities to keybinds on the mouse so I don't need to juggle between hitting keys on my keyboard for keybound abilities and trying to move at the same time.

Gnarly
12-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the opinions. Razer it will be.

Blue
12-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow mouse is ok, except the in-game features don't seem to want to work, for me, possibly because I use the G13 software, and there may be a clash there. I've found that I don't really mind that, though, as, aside from the left side button, for auto-run/auto fly, I don't use any of the other side buttons. It has a nice wheel, but the tactile feel of the "clicker" buttons isn't very solid.

Tried the Naga--and really couldn't use the side buttons...very robust design, though. I really wanted to like it, but ended up giving it to a friend's 16yr. old son, who immediately adapted to it, and is kicking butt!!

For me, the search continues...so far, I like my Microsoft X-5 best, so far, although the quality of the Razer is promising. May have to try one of them, other than the Naga, next.

Bloodyconfused
12-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Did they make the Naga programmable yet? Or does it still only map to single keys? Since that was a complaint that I heard when it first came out.

Gnarly
12-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I actually ordered a Naga. I'll post something back when I get it/figure it out.

Cainne
12-24-2009, 03:43 PM
I use a Logitech MX Revolution, it's pretty solid, but I might switch to the Razer Naga. The WoW mouse isnt that great, I tried out my friend's, and I just felt clunky with it. If you want a solid mouse, with a decent number of buttons, and isnt too expensive, I suggest the MX Revolution, only goes for about $80CDN, only drawback, it IS wireless, but it has a great battery life. Had mine for 2 years, and have had zero problems with it.

Ulosthegame
12-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I just got a Naga, and WoW- feels great in my hand and all the buttons are easily reachable. have yet to test out keybinds though.

krc
12-25-2009, 12:03 PM
The Logitech MX Anywhere is a really convienent mouse since it is so light weight and it works effectively on any surface. It also has the performance of any other Logitech mouse on the market.

Zamuel
12-26-2009, 12:23 PM
I use the Wow mouse. It has its perks and faults. It feels cheap, it is not really comfortable, its ugly, and it has a wire. Whats nice about it is all the programmable buttons (15 I want to say), you can make different button sets and switch on the fly for changing specs and characters. With so many buttons, you can have many of your common abilities within very quick access. I am happy with it but I don't think everyone who gets one would be. Personally, the number of buttons was the sole reason I got it and the faults I listed earlier were obvious so I knew what I was getting into. I am more relaxed while playing once I got used to everything. Overall, I feel that most people would not like it.

Mctankor
12-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I use the WoW mouse for Tanking, healing, DPS as well as other games. It works real nice. The sice and shape of it will make your hands somewhat of a factor wether you can use it comfortably though, but thats really the same thing with any mouse. I bought one once they first came and they had some issues, which ofc I got on mine ("sticky buttons"). I scanned the receipt and the underside of my mouse and sent it off. Once steelseries got the receipt that it was sent they shipped a new one to me, so it took 4-5 days before I had a replacement.

Yes, it IS a cabled mouse and not a wireless one. Thats a matter of preference, but the cord is pretty long and gets pretty flexible once youve used it a while so its not really an issue to me.
I bought a 2nd one for my laptop not too long ago and the finish on it is actually a bit different than the first ones where. I did manage to scratch off some of the finish on the first one but the new one does seem to hold up a bit better.

With the wow mouse I can pretty much put all my frequently used abilities on the mouse so I can play with one hand and drink beer with the other. :p