PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight So, do to my insecure nature... What DPS should I be pumping?

KaptainKa
12-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm currently doing more or less 5k in heroics; I haven't raided recently, so I'm not sure how much I'd do there.

My armory is on my PvP set right now (Hardly a PvP set, actually.), so I'll just give a brief outline of my gear. Feel free to look it up anyway.

I have a gearscore of (lolol gearscore is the language of the bads) 4470-ish (By the scale of the addon, anyway.). I've been gearing and gemming for ArP, mostly, although the haste on the gear from the new heroics kinda screwed me up in that area.

I mostly do stuff like speccing, gearing, and gemming based on my own logic (really, any similarities are coincidental), but I've used some resources a few times.

On a typical heroic boss fight, I use a rotation of IT, PS, DS, HS x2, Blow every single damage-related cooldown including empower rune weapon, DS, HS x4, Runic power dump, DS, HS x2, HS x2, DS... Or something like that.
The whole idea is to use Death Strike when my non-blood runes aren't Death Runes, and to use my death runes on Heart Strike, unless my diseases are running low, at which point I use a glyphed Pestilence.

Someone (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel'dorei&n=Purepwn) earlier told me to use Death Strike more often, instead of using my death runes on Heart Strike. I ignored him, thinking it was a moronic comment, but I could be wrong, and should probably ask someone else about it.

So, what do you think? Any particular things I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Oh, right, there's also the whole "I used a wrong homonym in the title." thing. So just disregard that oopsie.

Swam
12-23-2009, 02:40 AM
if your doing 4k in heroics your more than fine for icc lvl content.

KaptainKa
12-23-2009, 03:05 PM
if your doing 4k in heroics your more than fine for icc lvl content.

Wonderful.

It just kinda annoyed me that a mage got 7.5k just pressing one button, though.

KaptainKa
12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Also, what do you have to say about the Death Strike vs. Heart Strike thing?

Hammerfists
12-24-2009, 01:31 AM
Arcane mages will get high dps but if you look at the damage output it is less than you would expect. The nature of the beast is they explode and then need to restock on mana and then rinse and repeat.

Varagar
12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
Pay no mind to DPS meters in heroics at all. AoE classes always win there, since the majority of the pulls at this point are 4-5 things to light up at a time. You'd probably take that same mage to task on something like Saurfang where you're stationary killing the boss while he is kiting around adds. At the end of the day it means nothing.

KaptainKa
12-24-2009, 08:41 PM
But what about the Death Strike thing, yeah?