PDA

View Full Version : DPS Need help with Arms War Dps

Lugaid
12-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I have full t9 and t10 shoulders with battered hilt, my rotation is great and most other armor is wonderful. I have a gs of 5k+ but im still hitting about 9 and below in raids. Ive gemed for Armor pen and i think this is the problem. I only have 7 slots for gems atm should i be gemming for STR and will this drastically increase my dmg? My stats are as followed:
Hit: 12.17%
Armor Pen 458 (32.72%)
Crit: 15.68% chance
Exp: 6.5%
Str: 1345

What could be possibly wrong? Or is this usual for a war? :(
I hit about 5k DPS on an ICC run most of which relies on bladestorm.
Thanks in advance for help!

Lugaid
12-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Also link to my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&n=Lugaid)

Muffin Man
12-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Two things jump out from your armory page.

First, is you are PvP specced, so that will limit you somewhat, but that's not going to make a huge difference.

Second, you're itemization is a little off. You have two mediocre trinkets that are putting you over the expertise softcap and hitcap. So I would change those out first. A simple Mirror of Truth beats out the Mark of Supremacy with your gear set up (all the hit is excess so you trade 24 ap for 84 crit). If you can stand farming, the Banner of Victory from Normal ToC/5 will beat your Vengeance trinket as well (you only need 18 expertise with 2/2 weapon mastery and the on-use is pretty bad). Greatness deck or any ArP trinket will be best if you can get your hands on one too.

Actually one more thing jumps out. Your AP is pretty low for your gear level. Further inspection shows that you lack several enchants (notably your legs, but you're missing several others) and don't have a belt buckle for another gem.

I can't speak about your rotation since you didn't list it, and although you sound confident in it, you should probably post it just for people to double check.

Lugaid
12-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks alot for the respond it helped me a great deal. I am now graabing a buckle and all my enchants and have begun searching for other trinkets.