PDA

View Full Version : DPS Who can show me the missing links for my fury dps!

GnomGnom
12-22-2009, 08:29 AM
New to fury been getting pointers from some of the better warriors on the server. I can't seem to get my dps over 3k on the dummies in IF and I need your help. Point me in the right direction please!! My armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Gnomgnomgnom)

MellvarTank
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Go read thegreatme's Fury warrior guide in the dps section of the forum. Make sure your hit is 5% (with 3/3 in precision), make sure your expertise is 26/26, finally you'll want to be certain you hit your Slam! procs. I can't check the armory, but this is the most common problems.

Oh, and target dummy practice will always be lower than raid performance.

GnomGnom
12-22-2009, 09:41 AM
What's a good slam proc addon?

MellvarTank
12-22-2009, 09:51 AM
There are a few right now. Some guys like power auras, Mik's Scrolling Battle Text, Auracle, Classtimers, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. The best is an audible alert, I like Mik's Scrolling Battle text for that, Classtimers isn't bad either, but I can't speak for the other addons as I haven't yet tried them. There is actually a post about that in the DPS forum section as well! lol

GnomGnom
12-22-2009, 12:41 PM
How do you turn on the audio for slam using mik's scrolling battle text

MellvarTank
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I will try to take some screen caps, or if anyone else knows then they will hopefully chime in. I can't remember the exact names of the menus off the top of my head.

For more specific gear advice: Your expertise is 14... definitely need more. You are wearing a tanking chest, you need to get a dps one. You'll need to enchant your other weapon, and you shouldn't be socketing armor pen while you are that far away from the cap. Try to get a passive arp of about 45% before you socket it to hit the soft cap, then with the trinket proc you will hit 100%. You should instead socket expertise as you are well below the cap.

I would glyph bloodthirst over heroic strike if you have a cleave glyph, but that is a preference thing mostly.. I don't really see anything wrong with the spec, but I use a slightly different spec. It is also a sort of preference thing....

All in all expertise and not hitting your slam! procs are likely causing the slump in dps. (As well as having the tanking chest equipped.)

GnomGnom
12-22-2009, 02:14 PM
yeah haha I was on my other spec and haven't saved my equip from the new chest I bought yesterday. Should be equipped now. I like this new mik addon but I still can't find the option to hear the proc. Also yes I am under expertise cap which bugs me cause I don't like to gem for those kind of things. Could you tell me what exactly being under expertise cap does to my toon?! Also thanks for the help man alot

MellvarTank
12-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Being under the expertise cap makes it so the boss can dodge. A dodge is 0 dps and 0 rage gained, which hurts your dps substantially. So basically: it IS the worst case scenario. That is why that cap is so important. You are also way over hit cap but I don't see any enchants/gems focussing on it, so I don't think there is anything you can do short of gear upgrades. Your new chest hasn't yet shown up on the armory, but if you read thegreatme's fury warrior guide, you should be good to go.

GnomGnom
12-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Ok, I regemmed 2 expertise gems in my hands. so now im up to 19 expertise do I need it higher? Also, any news on how to get the mik to tell me when my slam procs?

MellvarTank
12-22-2009, 02:49 PM
LoL... nope, still at work.

You should try to get your expertise to around 23 at least. There are a few expertise enchants. I know it is counter-intuitive to gem expertise over strength, but the cap is that important.

GnomGnom
12-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok mel I lost my mind and got the new 264 capewith 50 frost badges and now my expertise is 25, so now do I take out 1 expertise gem for strength gems?

MellvarTank
12-23-2009, 08:36 AM
I'd say nope. Stay the course with 25. The goal is 26, but you are fine with 25. At this point try to maintain that expertise.