PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Back for more advice :)

Valeroice
12-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Its been a couple months now sense my last plea for help :) I have sense rewarded myself with 4 T9.25 items and some other delights.

I now sit here wondering why my health is so low compared to other DK's running around. I have seen a handful of DK's sporting ~40k HP unbuffed and strutting their stuff around Dal *snicker*.

Even if I replace all my gems with +30 stam (along with the JC ones) I wont even scratch the surface of ~40k unbuffed. Clearly I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (oh crap, is that a train??) and need some guidance to help this young padawan find his way.

12/21/09 Armory (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Cho%27gall&name=Valeroice)

Regards,
Vale

Reev
12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
You're using dual avoidance trinkets and an iLvL 213 cloak. You're missing out on over 4k hit points because of just that.

Skyborn
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
If you're wondering why your health is lower than other DK tank you see running around Dal... It's your trinkets. You're way over the defense cap and you have a ton of dodge so if you really wanted to stack stam you could swap out both your current trinkets for 2 HP ones.

Heart of Iron - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45158)
Juggernaut's Vitality - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47290)
Corroded Skeleton Key - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50356)

I don't have a DK, so I don't know if that's a good idea, but for warriors I know it would be an easy call.

Harmacy
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM
You have wayyy too much defense. Defense over 540 is useful, of course, but nothing you should stack - so ditch the defense trinket for something nice like Black Heart. I also think that Eitrigg's Oath is a horrible trinket - dodge < stamina for most fights, and the on-use takes too long to stack up.

Black Heart, Brewfest trinkets if available, Glyph of Indomitability, the crafted JC crab, all are viable choices to replace your current trinkets.

The rest of your gear is good, properly gemmed and enchanted. I take issue with a few points in your spec - I don't see much value in one point in Rune Tap (20% heal every 30 seconds is nice, 10% every 60 seconds I don't see being terribly useful) but if you use it and find it helpful then stick with it (don't fix what ain't broke), and Hungering Cold is fairly useless for PvE (Deathchill is a much better choice for that point). Glyphs are good.

Valeroice
12-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Hungering Cold is fairly useless

Agreed, was asked to spec into it for Factions Champs. Pop Cool downs etc to get enough rune power, run it and HC the baddies. Same goes for BT, not my first choice but was asked to add it and use it to help take the load off the healers, never did agree but thought best to just put a point there and save the argument / battle for another day.

Would it be advisable to replace both trinkets with the JC ones (crab & rabbit) which can be gemed with 2 +30 stam gems each? The cloak might be a bit of a stretch until I get some frost emblems.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

Regards,
Vale

Harmacy
12-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Don't use the rabbit, but Crab + Black Heart sounds good to me.

And I would get the awesome stamina trinket as your first Frost purchase, not the cloak. I guess just hope for the cloak off Jaraxxus in 25 ToC.

Reev
12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree with Harmacy. The Black Heart is much better than its 200 ilvl would suggest. Using that and the Crab with Stamina socketed would be plenty enough to hold you over until you can get the new badge trinket, or Jugg's Vit/Satrina's Scarab, or Heart of Iron, or Brewfest trinkets if you already have them.

The cloak isn't terrible. It's just not great. Your trinkets are of far more concern.

krc
12-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeah in pure EHP if you include the Black Heart's proc, it is worth around 220 stamina. At 90% physical burst it is worth around 208 stamina, at 20% magic it is worth 198 stamina and even once you get to around 30% magical burst it is still worth 189. So even in a heavy magical burst it is still very very good.