PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Improved Disciplines and Glyph of Shield Wall

cleetis
12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Here is a question. so ive been doing some reasearch and am finding out when taking raid boss mobs, people are using the glyph of shield wall which removes 2 minutes from the cool down time of your shield wall ability but only elminiates 40% of damage instead of 60%... Practicing using my cooldowns at different time in fights, i am noticing most of the cooldowns with 2 minutes can be used multiple times.

So does this mean if the Shield Wall ability originally comes with a 5 minute cooldown, and you equip the glyph of shield wall which removes 2 minutes from this, and then you throw the TP's into Improved Desciplines to remove another minute off this... that would mean your shield wall ability now has a 2 minute cooldown... is this true? if so i can see how this can be a huge asset to a raid! Or does one cancel the other out?

Cleetis

MellvarTank
12-21-2009, 12:18 PM
No, it takes the cooldown to 2 minutes. A lot of people started picking up these points/glyphs to tank Gormok in To(G)C 10/25.

Espillion
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
It stacks. And yes, 40% is a big from than 60% but the trade-off is shorter cooldown because of it. You're pretty much at much with the same sort of cooldown as most other tanking emergency buttons.

cleetis
12-21-2009, 12:26 PM
could you use it on other boss's besides gormock? or if you can get past gormock no problem is it not worth spending the Tp's into that tree?

MellvarTank
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
It's still mitigation and still damage reduction so it's always useful. In reality it depends on your raids, gear, what you need, etc as to the degree of usefulness.

Some people like to have it, other people think that a different glyph is better (and on some fights it likely is). I can't for sure say it's not worth it for you specifically, because it depends on the individual/content.