PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Advice/Improvement with my frost Tanking

Kryx
12-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey guys this is my first post on TS, been reading stuff for a bit here tho never posted.

My mainspec is Blood as dps. My OS is Frost DW I would liek some advice on any thing plz.

My armoury is The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Kryx)

wow-heroes : Kryx @ runetotem

Is there any improvement needed ? Am i doing something wrong ?

I know I need a new back peice :D Trying to find a new one.

I eat Rhino....Steak ( Exp and Stam food )

With food I am at 25exp. Should I gem another 20exp in there?

Unbuffed im at 36k , 555 Def , 29~ dodge with HoW

Armor is at 27871 ( is that low )

Also I take alot of dmg in H HoR, normal?

Thanks any help is appreciated.

zuke8675309
12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
I run a DW frost tank as well. I mostly run DW because I have the Burnished Quel'Serrar from ony25. Otherwise, I probably would just two-hand. Based on the theorycrafting and personal experience, you really need 30 or more expertise for dual-wield otherwise you're going to have parry/threat issues with bosses (less exp = more parries = less threat).

To be honest - imho getting enough expertise at the moment is going to be really difficult for you because you don't get the racial bonus like a human DK does. You can do it - but you'd have to switch out a lot of stam gems for expertise gems. If there isn't a compelling reason for you (other than it looks cool), you might want to seriously think about going back to a two-hander.

Otherwise, I think your gear is fine. As for getting smacked around in HoR.... are you keeping all the melee in front of you? If not, they'll eat you alive. Are you marking a target so that dps can focus fire mobs down? (Thereby reducing the dmg you're taking each time one of them dies.)

Kryx
12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Thought DW exp was 26 :S

So you guys think I should go back to 2h ?

Harmacy
12-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Perfectly normal to take more damage than usual when tanking several adds, especially as a DK (lack of a block mechanism hurts sometimes).

Spec looks good, gear looks good, I would replace the shoulder enchant with the PvP one for more stam but I suppose that's personal preference. Your armor is not low.

The expertise soft-cap is a good goal, but honestly if you're not having single-target threat issues then I wouldn't bother gemming for it (and certainly not enchanting for it). And even then, I would try replacing your fast tank weapon with a slow DPS weapon before gemming expertise.

Kryx
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM
K guys i put my Veneagence of the Forsaken for the 83 Exp , Now im at 36 exp. Is that okay to tank with that trinket :O?

zuke8675309
12-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I use that dodge trinket for fights where I'm going to need the mini-cooldown, otherwise I use a brewfest stam trinket. Overall, looks good to me. Try to keep all those mobs in HoR in front of you. :)