PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Warrior Tank Legs

D3vlish
12-21-2009, 07:30 AM
Can someone help me with a gear selection choice please.

Legplates (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49794;48445)

Should I change them out and get the tier ones? Or should I save up enough to get 2 tiers and replace then for the 4 piece bonus?

As a warrior tank, have they changed BV and SBR to be better now, or should I still be trying to get dodge and parry over BV and SBR?

Here my dude's profile (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=Jyd)

Thanks for the help. :D

krc
12-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Go with the T9 just because of all the extra EH you can get from it.

D3vlish
12-21-2009, 07:45 AM
What do you think of the triumph trinkets? or should I just wait for an uld one to drop? I'm scared to drop the lvl 70 trinket, as its getting me def capped. What do you think?

krc
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
You will still be capped if you currently have 550 defense. The Triumph trinket is by far better, in a pure physical fight where the 70 one would have the best change at defeating it in pure stats, it would be 162 stam worth of armor compared to 42 defense is no contest. And the Glyph's on use is much much better.

In the trinket slot I would also recommend the Black Heart, the only place where Lavanthor could stand a chance is pure physical in which if you include the proc the Black Heart is worth 220 stamina which is also no contest.

D3vlish
12-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Kool, thats what I will do then, get those 2 trinkets. I was trying to figure out what I could get, bc I don't have access to raids all that much.

Thanks for the help Krc, any advice on my spec/glyphs/enchants?

D3vlish
12-21-2009, 10:15 AM
addons, anyone know a good one that will show when my spells are on/off cd's such as taunt and shield slam?

When you show name plates of enemies, does anyone know of an addon that will show aggro percentages instead of health? would be helpful for those group pulls..

Thanks,

krc
12-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Forte cooldowns is a nice CD addon, I would also get a Sword and Board proc watcher since that is the real variable in a threat rotation. I am not sure there are any addons that show threat instead of health but Aloft has something very similar.

D3vlish
12-22-2009, 07:37 AM
i picked up a new sword and a trinket of ick and krick, how is kricks thumb for warrior tanks? should I still be trying to get the ToC trinket? or should I just get the emblem one?

Neither has stam on it and I have 60 badges right now, so just curious as to if I should get the trinket 1st, or the legs with the 50 badges? and wait on the ToC one to drop?

Thanks for the help, took of the 70 trinket and you were right, only brought me down to 542 def.

krc
12-22-2009, 07:44 AM
I would get the Glyph before you get the Leggings, the Leggings are an upgrade, but a small upgrade. The Glyph will most likely last you longer considering that the 25 man legs are a clear upgrade while Satrina's, Black Heart, Glyph combo can be swapped out fight to fight. Keep Ick's for Saurfang and Gunship though.

And for your spec I would definitely get rid of 3 points in Cruelty and get Deep Wounds, Deep Wounds will add much more to your damage output than Cruelty is.

D3vlish
12-22-2009, 11:33 AM
new weapon enchant? blood draining or the parry one? im leaning towards the blood draining, but 300 to parry seems rather good..

Any opinions?

krc
12-22-2009, 11:34 AM
I would go with Blood Draining or mongoose, the parry one actually adds little avoidance if you look at its proc rate.

D3vlish
12-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Got the trinket, still looking for someone that can do the enchant.. What is the next item I should be working towards? 35 emblem ring or 50 chest or 30 hands?

Also tried changing the spec, what do you think?

krc
12-23-2009, 07:40 AM
I would go with the ring next, it is a HUGE upgrade compared to the crafted ring. And yeah your spec seems pretty decent, one thing I would change is max out Shield Spec and Improved Tclap but that isn't worth respeccing since that money is better used for enchants and gems. But if you do have some spare money I would make the change.