PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Trinket: Corpse Tongue Coin

poopuu
12-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Hell Oh,

Last week i got my hands on Corpse Tongue Coin (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50352) from Gunship Battle in ICC25.

A farily decent dodge-trinket, but what confuses me is the value of it together with Chill of the Throne. Is it worth stacking dodge when 20% of it is removed anyway? Would it not be better to still run with my Glyph of Indomitability (for the armor and on-use dodge)?

I have also a hard time to value the proc of Corpse Tongue Coin. Has some one tried it out and has some reflections on it?

ryofu
12-21-2009, 02:35 AM
I find it is a horrible trinket, you would be better off sticking with the 60 badge trinket and a heroic Juggernaut's vitality

swelt
12-21-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm generally a fan of things that happen automatically when you need them most, so I'd hesitate to be so dismissive of the coin. Obviously not one to wear in your max EH set, but I think it'd be useful for some fights. Take deathbring saurfang - never really hits that hard, but there are a couple of encounter specifics that make avoidance attractive.

Synapse
12-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Going under 35% happens very often, actually, so you can get that proc uptime to be near 24~% of the fight. Remember the Commendation of Kael'thas? Swap stam with armor and switch the places between proc and passive.

Aethelas
12-21-2009, 03:03 AM
In my opinion it's a great trinket for your avoidance set. (yes, Saurfang comes to mind with the procc and everything). But hey if you're not exactly using multiple sets, or simply don't need/want avoidance there's better around.

Also, if you want avoidance then note that even though you get minus 20% dodge form the icecrown debuff; dodge is still giving you more avoidance point for point than parry because of the diminishing returns being slightly harsher on parry than on dodge.

Sakkura
12-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Also, if you want avoidance then note that even though you get minus 20% dodge form the icecrown debuff; dodge is still giving you more avoidance point for point than parry because of the diminishing returns being slightly harsher on parry than on dodge.
More correctly, nothing has changed with the debuff: You still want to balance your parry and dodge, ideally. If you have a shedload of dodge, parry does still become better than dodge, and the crossover point has not changed.

Anyway, the trinket seems useful only for the Saurfang fight.

Synapse
12-21-2009, 03:29 AM
What about marrowgar? Not only his lash is avoidable, you can also count on that proc being up for every other lash.
The gunship itself also has mechanics that favor avoidance.
The future fights probably will too, since the damage themes are back to "let's dodge it!"
Don't diss it so quickly :p

krc
12-21-2009, 05:46 AM
This is great for gunship and Saurfang. I don't find the base stats very useful for Marrowgar but the proc is great as Synapse pointed out because you are under 35% a very large percent of the fight.