PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Best race for warrior tanking / what to look for in weapons?

Frostglaive
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Alright so as the title says, is there an ideal race to pick for tanking? I know that orcs have expertise from using axes which can help, and a nice racial to increase damage, and taurens have more health.

My warrior is undead for I like the cannibalize and the chance to have shadow damage miss(which can help a bit in ICC).

Also with weapons, I know if you have points in deep wounds, a slower weapon is ideal. But what is the a specific weapon to choose?(Axes, sword, mace?) And I know armor + stamina is nice, but if we enchant the weapon with bladeward, do we want parry over dodge and block, or what?

Aggathon
12-20-2009, 09:47 PM
TBH damage and threat are tertiary to other stats for weapons. I look at the EHP on a weapon first. My sort of pecking order goes:
EHP Stats
Avoidance Stats
Threat stats
Weapon Damage/DPS

Harmacy
12-21-2009, 03:36 AM
I'm simply regurgitating information I've heard earlier by saying this (as I don't play a warrior), but my understanding is that even with Deep Wounds, you want a fast weapon so you can get out Heroic Strikes/Cleaves faster. Axe/sword/mace, doesn't matter really (unless you have an expertise racial, in which case it makes a small difference).

The best race (horde-side) is probably orc for the reasons you mentioned, but really just choose the race you think looks the coolest, racial bonuses are pretty minor in the scheme of things.

You still don't want to value parry over dodge, as parry hits diminishing returns much harder. Block rating's value depends heavily on the fight itself (how fast the boss hits, how many adds you're tanking, etc etc.) but generally is useless to a MT.