PDA

View Full Version : Tanking A little help with my game

gregspappy
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Hi, Having trouble holding threat and aggro. Been reading all I can about it. Is my gear ok? Trying to learn how to tank. Any suggestions? Thanks The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Gregspappy)

Aggathon
12-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Take a look at http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/60155-aggs-prot-war-tanking-guide.html first, then if you have any specific questions after reading, then I'll be more than happy to help! I really recommend that you do, because your toon could use quite a bit of work, no offense.

Wars
12-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Hi, just an FYI to help ya out a bit, the words threat and aggro are interchangeable meaning the same thing of having a mob focus on you.

Try a more traditional spec, involving both impale and deep wounds in the arms tree. Take points out of cruelty at least for these(cruelty atm is lower on the worth list for threat than deep wounds, armored to the teeth, and impale).

Looks like you have a clue in gearing/chanting/gemming. The 10 stats is worth less than a gem that will give 10 to one and 15 stam(seriously replace it).

Keep running heroics and see what you can do to replace those blues slowly and in a month or so, you'll be well versed in tanking.

What have you been reading? Do you need help finding useful guides?

Wars
12-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Damn it agg, stealin mah thunder.

gregspappy
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Have only tried 1 heroic mostly doing normals still getting spanked..lol...learning about tank and spank? kiting? which improvments should I be focusing on? tks

Aggathon
12-20-2009, 04:50 PM
There are a lot of good beginners guides out there, I link some of them in my guide. Check out the FAQ post at the top of this forum, and also try out the gearing forum, there are a couple good beginner's guides stickied in there.

Wars
12-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Off-topic a bit:

I can't believe 27k is shunned in heroics...The first time I cleared naxx(the first month of LK) I think I had 24k hp unbuffed. Lulz.

Aggathon
12-20-2009, 04:55 PM
First time I started running heroics there were like 7 80s on the server and I was in full T6/Sunwell gear with 12 defense in pretty much every slot. It left me at like 22k unbuffed and not crit capped, lol.