PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Warrior Arms, Arpen and DPS increase

Hispi
12-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Hello guys, here my first post in TS. Although I use to read you all. Nice website to obtain best information.

The thing is I'm a Warrior Arms. I have serious troubles to keep rogues, dk and paladins on recount.

I use to play in a raid with best scenario possible: Enhacement Shaman in my group, feral druid in raid, dk, rogue, paladin... etc etc

To give you a idea I can hardly do 6'2k in Deathbringer Saurfang ecounter.

1- I suspect that I am overcapping Armor penetration since I got NeS trinket:

I have, without buff:

-623 Arpen(44'51%) and 1301(92'96%) while NeS is up.
-41'23% crit
-6'85% hit (+ 1% shaman in raid), 6'25% expertise
-4290 AP,1562 strength

Zone: EU | Realm: Shen'dralar | Hispi
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com) => My full character stats.

Here Needle-Encrusted Scorpion - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198#comments) you see a guy that tells that Warriors with 2pcT9 needs 638 ArP softcap If you have NeS weared.

(soft cap means that you have a Warrior Tank with 5 sunder up, and then you get the 100% ?)

BUT, as I said, I have 92'96% Arpen while trinket is up wich means If I am in Battle Stance I am overcaping (???????) . Because if I have no gear, and I am in Battle Stance I have 0% arpen. If I put a single ring that haves 38 arpen my stats says that I have 38 arpen so this 16% of ArPen is applicated but their numbers are hidden(???) If so, I am overcappiing arpen and I should gem Streng In any(??) point before the 638 cap. and here is where i am losing the dps.

More over, the threat problem. But this is another topic, is very, very frustrating being the 8 (or much more) and be the first in threat(95% threat) without any tool to get it down...

I like reading forums, in fact i read a lot of wow stuffs, but Im a little frustrated atm with my loved warrior arms...

Thank you in advance to you all :)

Wars
12-20-2009, 11:46 AM
You are slightly overcapping the Armorpen, get rid of the 2% if you can. You will get more bang for your buck out of STR at this point.

Though I have to say, if you're tanks are doing their job they shouldn't be threat-capping an arms warrior who's doing 6.2k. Next time you notice this, ask for a Hand of Salvation from a paladin and it will drop your threat.

I only have experience with limited Arms, but I know that fury is going to scale much better in ICC, and as such, if you did an overhaul, you would more than likely notice a dps increase once you get ICC gear.

Hispi
12-20-2009, 01:00 PM
You are slightly overcapping the Armorpen, get rid of the 2% if you can. You will get more bang for your buck out of STR at this point.

Though I have to say, if you're tanks are doing their job they shouldn't be threat-capping an arms warrior who's doing 6.2k. Next time you notice this, ask for a Hand of Salvation from a paladin and it will drop your threat.

I only have experience with limited Arms, but I know that fury is going to scale much better in ICC, and as such, if you did an overhaul, you would more than likely notice a dps increase once you get ICC gear.

Thanks for answering so fast :),

But why 2% less of Arpen? My suspect is (and here is where I would be loosing a lot of DPS):

- Battle stance 16% extra Arpen buff is working but hidden on stats. So If I have 92% + 16% Battle Stance = 108% Total Arpen.

So I should gem Arpen until getting 84% Arpen while trinked up, just to get the 100%.

I have searched In wowhead, but nothing says that Battle Stance - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2457) is hidden on stats, but it does :(

Its like every people is gemming Arpen (Warrior Arms) and we all are overcapping.

P.D: Berseker Stance is more clear, you use Berseker Stance and It automaticly increase your % of crit, but Battle Stance nothing change :mad:.

Before making my own numbers I need to know this.

Thank you!!!